Proposal: MIN / NYR

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And you aren't getting that in this draft with the 9th pick. They will be long gone by then. A 1st line wing will be the most likely choice. The only way to get a 1c with the 9th pick is to package it in a trade.

No

You are being riidiculous. Rangers have some possibilities worth the 9th overall.

No

Kravtsov is far better than anything you will get at 9th and he may be able to play centre.

Definitely no

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
With one last view, all this overreach for 9OA should cease.
Just one ?...

Let's say NYR deal
22OA + Buch + 2020 4th + 2021 OTT 4th
for
11OA from Preds

then 11OA + Strome for 9OA?

if MIN does not go for that to move back only 2 slots, let's just respect that they have, FINAL ANSWER, concluded they want to use 9OA and let that go and see who, MIN or otherwise, has our best deal for Strome?

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Just one ?...

Let's say NYR deal
for
11OA from Preds

if MIN does not go for that to move back only 2 slots, let's just respect that they have, FINAL ANSWER, concluded they want to use 9OA and let that go and see who, MIN or otherwise, has our best deal for Strome?

I think the Preds pass pretty easily. I think you might be overvaluing Buch in the post Covid world.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Just one ?...

Let's say NYR deal
for
11OA from Preds

I don't think they'd be interested in Strome at this point. Johansson (heaven help us) is their 2C next year and one of Khovanov/#9/Eriksson-Ek/etc. will take over beyond that. Hanging into that top-10 this year is relatively important.

Reactions: bernmeister

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just one ?...

Let's say NYR deal
for
11OA from Preds

That's not an unreasonable scenario, but that's a draft day trade depending on who is available when we're on the clock.

That said, I can't really see a scenario where I would want to move down from 9. I'd rather just have our choice of what's left at 9 versus moving down 2 spots to pick up Strome as well.

Like Bazeek has said, for better or worse, Johansson has made Strome unnecessary for us.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think the Preds pass pretty easily. I think you might be overvaluing Buch in the post Covid world.
This is a real thing to the extent some outlet on Yardbarker said so a month ish ago, except they did not have the 4ths. I felt it was light as is, so I threw them in as sweeteners.
Just to be clear, I did not say this was a slam dunk done deal.
I said it was real as to having been a topic of discussion, reportedly.

I don't think they'd be interested in Strome at this point. Johansson (heaven help us) is their 2C next year and one of Khovanov/#9/Eriksson-Ek/etc. will take over beyond that. Hanging into that top-10 this year is relatively important.

That's not an unreasonable scenario, but that's a draft day trade depending on who is available when we're on the clock.

That said, I can't really see a scenario where I would want to move down from 9. I'd rather just have our choice of what's left at 9 versus moving down 2 spots to pick up Strome as well.

Like Bazeek has said, for better or worse, Johansson has made Strome unnecessary for us.

Thank you both for the constructive feedback.
With the illumination from this perspective, unless there is something completely different someone wants to suggest to see if it moves the needle for MIN, I think we should abandon hope of 9OA to NY.

As for Strome we should keep the market open and see what turns up, even if that is less and less likely to Wild.

The consensus remains 2nd +, but I believe there is a team that will offer next yrs 2nd and two 2020 3rds, but that is another topic for another thread as to if that is the top offer to date.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
But Strome and ADA are really good. You need them because...
Tiring to read this crap again and again.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
wild fans give up on newish guys way too easily. I'd rather just stick with Greenway.
I think the larger issue is the Wild tend to move new guys' roles around too much. I think that always hurts their development. A player could be playing wing for 5 games and then moved to center only to be moved back to wing after 3 games. Let them settle in a role for a bit longer.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I think the larger issue is the Wild tend to move new guys' roles around too much. I think that always hurts their development. A player could be playing wing for 5 games and then moved to center only to be moved back to wing after 3 games. Let them settle in a role for a bit longer.

Also, to a lesser extent, flipping what wing they're playing on. Feel like we've had this issue for a few years now where we have to play LWs at RW. Role-wise it's the same position, but I think it really has an impact on how comfortable they are in the offensive zone.

Reactions: HotDish

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's not that big a deal to switch wings. Bigger deal to go from C to W. Some guys can do it, some can't.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
One of these players has better underlying numbers than other one but do you know which player it is?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad