Proposal: MIN / NYR

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
whys that
Just more information coming out about where management/coaching's head is at with Johansson. I'm very skeptical of the idea of Johansson as our 2C but Evason seems to be on board and Guerin acquired him, so what I think doesn't count for much. I think it's likely that they'd like to see that spot filled from within down the line and they seen Johansson as a suitable 1-year stopgap. If that's the case they wouldn't really be interested in Strome.

Reactions: Raspewtin

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
No. wild arent getting rid of the 2nd round pick. go back and look. Its already been discussed in this column.

I saw that they didn't want to give it up outright (and the post indicated that part of the problem was that Min didn't have a 3rd rounder). That's why I offered a bit more to offset it. End of the day, you aren't getting a 2C in his prime who put up almost 60 points last season for a 3rd round pick and a fourth line LW (who, while promising, isn't even a lock to make the Rangers opening day lineup. The LW is stacked in NY, with Panarin, Kreider, Laf, and Lemieux).

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
22OA this year
Rangers 2021 1st unprotected next yr

Wild are not in a position to be giving up the better piece for two lesser pieces. The only way the 9oa goes is if the Wild are getting something better in return.

Reactions: Bazeek

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Wild are not in a position to be giving up the better piece for two lesser pieces. The only way the 9oa goes is if the Wild are getting something better in return.

That defeats incentive going the other way.
This was a certain 22OA this year and a def next year, slotting yet unknown.
You may or may not be better off on the quality added when all is said and done b'c person drafted at 22 could exceed the one drafted at 9, unlikely tho that is, not even taking into account the 2021 1st.
While that is bucking percentages, it does happen.
NY drafted Chytil after Lias, and I guarantee you everyone after 6OA that year would be looking hard at Chytil if it were a do over.

I think we are done.
No concurrence on Strome, still open to highest bidder and further apart on 9OA.

Only way I see 9OA moved out for more than 9OA value is if there is an x factor, like size/$ amount of contract that has to be moved. Otherwise no.

But appreciate the constructive exchange.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Minnesota is looking for #1C. It's not Strome, not Chytil and not Andersson. Make your own conclusions.
And you aren't getting that in this draft with the 9th pick. They will be long gone by then. A 1st line wing will be the most likely choice. The only way to get a 1c with the 9th pick is to package it in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad