GDT: MIN @ NSH - 7 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kaprizov doesn't have a point against Nashville yet if I'm remembering correctly.

Forsberg and Josi are going to score, at least.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Would you guys prefer seeing the Preds or the Blues in the playoffs?

I think the Preds would be a more exciting matchup. Maybe it was getting stonewalled by Allen in that series a few years ago, but something about the Blues just scare me. I also think it’d be a boring series for some reason.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Another ESPN+ game, another day of me praying for an adequate game-day broadcasting crew.

Reactions: JBurd1

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Would you guys prefer seeing the Preds or the Blues in the playoffs?

I think the Preds would be a more exciting matchup. Maybe it was getting stonewalled by Allen in that series a few years ago, but something about the Blues just scare me. I also think it’d be a boring series for some reason.
Preds, for the sole reason of it being the only Central team we haven't faced in the playoffs since the division switch (minus Arizona who joined this year).

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
One thing that has stood out to me is that the physicality that the overwhelming physicality that the Wild displayed post-trade hasn’t been quite there the last 3 games.

I think some of it is that we likely won’t be able to dominate physically as well against more-skilled teams and the intensity and compete wasn’t there for the Flyers game. But would love to see them set a physical tone tonight against a playoff team.

keeneyedobserver

Mar 5, 2014
Does anyone know if the taverns carry these ESPN+ games.??

It might be a good night to head out and see if Wild fever is spreading to the masses.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Does anyone know if the taverns carry these ESPN+ games.??

It might be a good night to head out and see if Wild fever is spreading to the masses.
Id assume they do especielly if theyre local. Cant hurt in calling beforehand just to make sure

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
One thing that has stood out to me is that the physicality that the overwhelming physicality that the Wild displayed post-trade hasn’t been quite there the last 3 games.

I think some of it is that we likely won’t be able to dominate physically as well against more-skilled teams and the intensity and compete wasn’t there for the Flyers game. But would love to see them set a physical tone tonight against a playoff team.
I don't agree. I'd be more willing to bet it's because they've been banged up over the past handful of games and I don't think it's been as needed is more the cause. Why waste it now, get beat up more than they have over the past few and not have it available for the playoffs?

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I dont think they could of kept with that physicality they were playing with for a month + before the playoffs (assuming we make it) started, Could they just be saving themselves a bit for when it becomes more demanding?

I do think this team has the make up of choosing when to play a more physical playoff type of game and when we can try and just beat a team with pure skill but thats strictly my opinion

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I don't agree. I'd be more willing to bet it's because they've been banged up over the past handful of games and I don't think it's been as needed is more the cause. Why waste it now, get beat up more than they have over the past few and not have it available for the playoffs?

Sure, part of it is likely because they are banged up. I'd like to see them show that they can play that dominating style against a playoff team versus a team that's outside contention. I haven't seen them show that the investments they made to be able to play a certain style in the playoffs is something they can do against playoff teams. I think that's important to vet out prior to the playoffs as it will or should impact your game plan in those games.

Further, if they aren't able to consistently expend the energy or withstand the physicality playing that style themselves... that also says something and should be concerning. I'd like to see them prove they can play a physical style and expend that energy in a consistent and sustainable way. And if they can't, well then that's important to know.

What does this mean? Really, what this means is establishing an identity and having other playoff teams have that established identity in the back of their minds come playoff time which is a little bit of a self-sustaining or self-fulfilling loop that you then create.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Sure, part of it is likely because they are banged up. I'd like to see them show that they can play that dominating style against a playoff team versus a team that's outside contention. I haven't seen them show that the investments they made to be able to play a certain style in the playoffs is something they can do against playoff teams. I think that's important to vet out prior to the playoffs as it will or should impact your game plan in those games.

Further, if they aren't able to consistently expend the energy or withstand the physicality playing that style themselves... that also says something and should be concerning. I'd like to see them prove they can play a physical style and expend that energy in a consistent and sustainable way. And if they can't, well then that's important to know.

What does this mean? Really, what this means is establishing an identity and having other playoff teams have that established identity in the back of their minds come playoff time which is a little bit of a self-sustaining or self-fulfilling loop that you then create.
I think they played pretty physical against the Avs, and that was the 2nd of a b2b.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I think they played pretty physical against the Avs, and that was the 2nd of a b2b.

They may have played decently physical but I didn't see them dominate the game physically like I've seen teams do to us in the past (in the playoffs) or the way they did to Columbus & Vancouver (with the reaction of the opposing fans being something I've never seen). I'm not saying they cannot do that against playoff teams, I'm just interested to see if they can and how consistently they can impact games in that way.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
And the Canes, and the Caps... Last I checked, they were playoff teams.

If you watched the Canes & Caps games and thought the physicality looked the same as Columbus and Vancouver I can't help you. I'm not criticizing, I'm just observing and I'm not saying the team didn't play pretty solidly in those games to some extent and again I'm not even saying I would expect the Wild to be able to impact the game physically against teams that are more skilled, better passers, and can possess the puck at the level of teams like the Avs, Caps, or Hurricanes versus Columbus or Vancouver.

However, I would love it if our physicality was able to impact teams who are on that level of puck possession. It would be a great indicator that this team could make a run. Does that mean we can't win games against those teams if we aren't able to dominate games physically to the extent that we did against Columbus or Vancouver... no.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
If you watched the Canes & Caps games and thought the physicality looked the same as Columbus and Vancouver I can't help you. I'm not criticizing, I'm just observing and I'm not saying the team didn't play pretty solidly in those games to some extent and again I'm not even saying I would expect the Wild to be able to impact the game physically against teams that are more skilled, better passers, and can possess the puck at the level of teams like the Avs, Caps, or Hurricanes versus Columbus or Vancouver.

However, I would love it if our physicality was able to impact teams who are on that level of puck possession. It would be a great indicator that this team could make a run. Does that mean we can't win games against those teams if we aren't able to dominate games physically to the extent that we did against Columbus or Vancouver... no.

Just so I understand this correctly, you want us to impose our will against good (some may even say very good) teams because we were able to do so against fringe playoff teams?

I'm not sure what to tell you, other than keep wishing.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just so I understand this correctly, you want us to impose our will against good (some may even say very good) teams because we were able to do so against fringe playoff teams?

I'm not sure what to tell you, other than keep wishing.
Playoff teams are typically playoff teams because they don't get the will of other teams imposed on them.

Thus teams need to adjust in other ways.

Reactions: Minnewildsota
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->