Confirmed Trade: [MIN/NJD] Michael Kapla for Ryan Murphy

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I expect to see more one for one trades, hope Goldobin is next for another sub par young LW

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Is ryan Murphy the bust defender drafted by the canes in 2011? He was supposed to be a good player at one but never put it all together. No idea who the other guy is.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Is ryan Murphy the bust defender drafted by the canes in 2011? He was supposed to be a good player at one but never put it all together. No idea who the other guy is.
That is what I am wondering

I thought he would be a star, boy I misjudged

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Too lazy to dig up the 2011 Draft discussion on our team board. There were a few folks who were proponents of trading down to add extra picks and taking Murphy. I think the reasoning was "You can teach defense, you can't teach offense."

More than likely an AHL trade. Murphy was making 275K in the minors while Kapla is at 70K, so Minnesota saves a little money.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Murphy on the depth spot opening from Vatanen (somebody else replaces Vatanen's spot), until Vatanen comes back. Then thrown on waivers.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I know that Murphy stinks, but Kapla REALLY stinks
Murphy doesn't stink.
He's an ex 11th O/A pick and is a Right shot that's skilled and could run a PP .......Hmmmmm, I think Devils have a Left shot that does that already
He filled in well when Wilds' Spurgeon got hurt last year

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Murphy doesn't stink.
He's an ex 11th O/A pick and is a Right shot that's skilled and could run a PP .......Hmmmmm, I think Devils have a Left shot that does that already
He filled in well when Wilds' Spurgeon got hurt last year

He got 2 games this year with Dumba out and couldn't even supplant Greg Pateryn. He sucks. He will never be a part of a good defense.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
In an alternate NHL universe both Ryan Murphy and Ryan Murray turn into star defenseman and confuses a whole bunch of people over who is who.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
dont get why minnesota did it

I mean, I don't get why people here think Murphy is some young stud who's going to be worth anything one day, but here we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->