Trade: [MIN/LAR] Cam Akers for 2026 late round swap

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why didn't the rams package him for JT from the Colts?
Think McVay regrets the they gave Gurley or at least doing it so early. Taylor, I think he just saw what happened to Chubb who at least got paid and would still have Made $31 mill in his 6 year career. Taylor wants to secure $25 mill in guaranteed money. Being a second rounder and having a great season gets him to like $6 mill max on his rookie deal.

Don’t think the Rams want to get any more now players. Need to clean up their salary cap situation.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Why would we?
Better player
Think McVay regrets the they gave Gurley or at least doing it so early. Taylor, I think he just saw what happened to Chubb who at least got paid and would still have Made $31 mill in his 6 year career. Taylor wants to secure $25 mill in guaranteed money. Being a second rounder and having a great season gets him to like $6 mill max on his rookie deal.

Don’t think the Rams want to get any more now players. Need to clean up their salary cap situation.
Thanks, that makes sense. Just think it would give them another weapon on offense.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Better player

Thanks, that makes sense. Just think it would give them another weapon on offense.
Rams are eating $75 mill in dead salary cap this season.
Projected, to have $750K next season, but that is before any cutting of players. But, it also means that all of Robinson, Ramsey, Floyd, Wagner, Witworth, etc. are fully off their books.
But, Stafford carries a dead cap if he got traded in the off-season.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
We already have a starting RB though, so why do we need to trade for one?
Just thought the committee things was the norm, but JT is too expensive so I understand.

Projected, to have $750K next season, but that is before any cutting of players. But, it also means that all of Robinson, Ramsey, Floyd, Wagner, Witworth, etc. are fully off their books.

As evidenced by this trade, Akers has no value. There was a report that Colts wanted Waddle from Miami for Taylor in trade talks.

So Akers would do nothing in getting them Taylor. They aren't trading valuable assets and/or giving a RB a huge extension.
Wow, didn't know it was like that. Kind of shocked the rams good this year too.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Just thought the committee things was the norm, but JT is too expensive so I understand.

Wow, didn't know it was like that. Kind of shocked the rams good this year too.
Rams goal is to get through this season with developing some youngsters. Anything on top of that is gravy.

Think Carolina has like $60 mill in dead cap thanks to CMC, DJ Moore, etc. all that that restructuring of contracts and signing bonuses that gets pushed into future years hits the cap when the player is gone.

So when SF is redoing deals it’s not that players are taking less money, SF is just pushing cap hits into the future.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Last week I heard someone say that if Donald, Stafford, and Kupp were to retire after this year the Rams would have around a $165M dead cap hit, while unlikely, it's not totally out of the realm depending how this year goes

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Last week I heard someone say that if Donald, Stafford, and Kupp were to retire after this year the Rams would have around a $165M dead cap hit, while unlikely, it's not totally out of the realm depending how this year goes
Donald and Stafford due to age I can see. Kupp, not yet.

Nfl ensures that all of the money that is paid to a player by a team hits that team’s salary cap. So when you give $40 mill in signing bonus or turn $10 mill of a player’s $12 mill base salary into a bonus the team is on the hook for that even if they trade a player.

Doesn’t work like the nhl where the cap hit goes with the player. A front loaded deal means that the player cost the new team less and the old team takes on dead cap charges for all of the money that has not yet hit their salary cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad