Value of: MIN Goalie to TOR

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
For those that have forgotten:

The Leafs took on Stalock and centre Ben Smith in the trade while adding a conditional pick that wound up becoming a 2018 third-rounder.

Stalock was immediately passed through waivers and assigned to the American Hockey League, where he says he was told in no uncertain terms that the organization had little interest in him during a meeting with Marlies GM Kyle Dubas and coach Sheldon Keefe.

Wild goalie Stalock reflects on demoralizing stint with Maple Leafs - Sportsnet.ca
Well shit this just blows my whole thing out of the water eh? Good find

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Absolutely, as long as we can also work something out with Carolina for your 1st
For those that have forgotten:

The Leafs took on Stalock and centre Ben Smith in the trade while adding a conditional pick that wound up becoming a 2018 third-rounder.

Stalock was immediately passed through waivers and assigned to the American Hockey League, where he says he was told in no uncertain terms that the organization had little interest in him during a meeting with Marlies GM Kyle Dubas and coach Sheldon Keefe.

Wild goalie Stalock reflects on demoralizing stint with Maple Leafs - Sportsnet.ca

Seeing this now I change the question to you two, and @AKL cause I know hes a wild fan too. Could something work around Dubnyk for Ceci SOLEY because of cap purposes?

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Seeing this now I change the question to you two, and @AKL cause I know hes a wild fan too. Could something work around Dubnyk for Ceci SOLEY because of cap purposes?
No. Ceci is a waste of the Owen era money and we need Dubnyk, he’s the only one who knows how to operate a tank

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
5th for Stalock seems rather low tbh

surprised Minny would let him go for that little especially since he's been outplaying Dub and they are only 5 pts back of a wildcard with a game in hand on AZ and 2 on VGK

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

surprised Minny would let him go for that little especially since he's been outplaying Dub and they are only 5 pts back of a wildcard with a game in hand on AZ and 2 on VGK
Realistically Guerin probably won't. It'd push Kahkonen or Robson up and he's mentioned wanting to take his time with them.

Unrealistically I feel like venting my goaltending frustrations on the trade forum.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

He hasn’t been That good he is propped by defense he is at the bottom of the league in allowing easy goals.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
The Wild have the worst goaltending duo in the NHL this season. I'm not sure why Toronto would want to acquire one of these players?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
This is a strange one OP. Our goalies are both terrible. Stalock only looks decent because Dubynk has been about the worst goalie in the NHL.

llp

Jun 2, 2008
If I'm the leafs I'm more banking on the idea that TOR Goalie Coach > MIN Goalie Coach
Better than Bob Mason? The guy who turned backups Manny Fernandez and Dwane Roloson into Vezina caliber goalies? And then 30 nobody Niklas Backstrom into the same?

I can't speak for Toronto's goalie coach being worse, but Bob Mason certainly isn't the problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->