Value of: MIN Goalie to TOR

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Either Stalock or Dubnyk. Not sure what the cost would be on either of them so I'll ask Wild fans to give an approximation on what they would need as a return.

Could possibly be used in a larger deal if the Matt Dumba rumours are true.

I will update this post with an offer once I get a general idea of what wild fans think their worth

EDIT
After discussing with Wild fans, we have agreed a 2020 5th for Stalock would be a fair trade. For the leafs it's a very Low Risk/High Reward trade because if he is better than Hutch, great it only cost a 5th and we have him for 2 more years at sub 800k. If he is worse than Hutch, we can flip him at the TDL or draft for another 5th or 6th, effectively costing us nothing

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Either Stalock or Dubnyk. Not sure what the cost would be on either of them so I'll ask Wild fans to give an approximation on what they would need as a return.

Could possibly be used in a larger deal if the Matt Dumba rumours are true.

I will update this post with an offer once I get a general idea of what wild fans think their worth
Dubnyk has a partial NTC and virtually no value.

Stalock's an okay backup and might get a later round pick.

Neither would have anything to do with a Dumba trade.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
How much of this do you think is due to the team play in front of them if any at all?
That’s the point of the save percentage above expected stat. Our team is one of the best in the league at limiting high-danger chances, meaning goalies are getting helped a ton by our team. Our goalies are both terrible in comparison to where they should be

Reactions: Big Sugar

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
How much of this do you think is due to the team play in front of them if any at all?
Those graphs all try to account for the team playing in front of him. Whatever their problems the Wild are still among the best teams in the league at not allowing quality shots on goal. The fact that we're as **** awful as we are is mostly due to Dubnyk and Stalock not making the saves that they should. There is virtually no chance of either goalie doing better on any other team in the league.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Those graphs all try to account for the team playing in front of him. Whatever their problems the Wild are still among the best teams in the league at not allowing quality shots on goal. The fact that we're as **** awful as we are is mostly due to Dubnyk and Stalock not making the saves that they should. There is virtually no chance of either goalie doing better on any other team in the league.
That’s the point of the save percentage above expected stat. Our team is one of the best in the league at limiting high-danger chances, meaning goalies are getting helped a ton by our team. Our goalies are both terrible in comparison to where they should be
So with all this being said, would you guys take a 5th for Stalock? IMO it's worth a shot for the leafs if he can at least play better than hutch and if not they can sell him at the draft for another 5th or 6th. Low Risk/High Reward

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So with all this being said, would you guys take a 5th for Stalock? IMO it's worth a shot for the leafs if he can at least play better than hutch and if not they can sell him at the draft for another 5th or 6th. Low Risk/High Reward
Absolutely, as long as we can also work something out with Carolina for your 1st

Reactions: Big Sugar

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I would accept future considerations for either of them with no intention of ever collecting on those considerations. Problem is we need them for the tank. I don't trust Kahkonen to not be a more reliable goaltender in the NHL than either of them.

LighthouseKeepr

Jun 11, 2015
Outside Moncton, NB
For those that have forgotten:

The Leafs took on Stalock and centre Ben Smith in the trade while adding a conditional pick that wound up becoming a 2018 third-rounder.

Stalock was immediately passed through waivers and assigned to the American Hockey League, where he says he was told in no uncertain terms that the organization had little interest in him during a meeting with Marlies GM Kyle Dubas and coach Sheldon Keefe.

Wild goalie Stalock reflects on demoralizing stint with Maple Leafs - Sportsnet.ca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad