GDT: MIN @ COL - 8PM Central - Rocky Mountain DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Anyone not possessing the initials KK is exempt. Everyone else is fair game after this turd circus. Should be like the handshake line at the end of the game. He can just skate down it and hack away.
OwZvY.gif

Reactions: Nsjohnson

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
It's nice they were at least able to show at least one highlight coming back from the commercial break.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
That crap right there is inexcusable. Stop playing with the puck if you can't complete your damn passes. Stop lollygagging it around.

Val

Jan 19, 2021
Avs jumped overhead at this match. 55 shots vs 20. But it's just one game. No team can play as fast for a long stretch

Reactions: Nsjohnson

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The shot counter for the Avs has an itchy trigger finger. If it's even close to the net it's a shot- for them.

Anyway, an off night. Rather than talk about who was bad, it would be a shorter conversation to talk about who was good. Rask was OK, keeping in mind that I have very low expectations for him. Kap was ok...that's about it, for me.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Well that sucked. And, anybody who complains about the Wild announcers should listen to the Avalanche feed. It’s like a bunch of 8 year old boys who found a stash of Penthouse magazines.

Reactions: Bazeek

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Well that sucked. And, anybody who complains about the Wild announcers should listen to the Avalanche feed. It’s like a bunch of 8 year old boys who found a stash of Penthouse magazines.

They do really like what they see. I listened to their feed all night. Well, until about a quarter of the way through the 3rd, when I turned it off and went to bed.

Anyway, we looked like a team that grew fat on Coyotes, while the Avs looked better than I've seen any team look at any point this year. I wouldn't expect us to stay that bad, nor would I expect them to stay that good. This one's a loss, move on to the next.

EazyE1

Mar 13, 2021
Ridin pine
Cant expect to win every single game. At least this one was against a reasonable opponent. They were still in the mentality that we were playing arizona

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I’m hoping we get matched with Vegas in the playoffs. We can beat their style of hockey. Not sure we find a way to shut down the Avs though. I’ve never seen our defense that outmatched before. I had no confidence in any defensive pair that didn’t have Brodin on the ice.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I’m hoping we get matched with Vegas in the playoffs. We can beat their style of hockey. Not sure we find a way to shut down the Avs though. I’ve never seen our defense that outmatched before. I had no confidence in any defensive pair that didn’t have Brodin on the ice.
I'll put more stock in the next game. The Avs are a very good team that just got a bunch of key players back so I'm in no way dismissing what they're capable of, but what we saw last night didn't even resemble last year's Wild. I don't know if it's the travel or the thinner air or what, but outside of a handful of players it seemed like no one could skate or handle a puck. Some of that's Colorado's speed but a lot of it was just terrible execution.

It's not often you get to use "the team looked like they were on a 60 minute powerplay" as an insult, but here we are.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Is there any update on Dumba? Hopefully he will be okay and not miss too many games.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Avs are vulnerable to fast, physical teams that can counterpunch, like VGK. We have some pretty slow players in our lineup that find it tough to measure up against their speed.

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If Dumba is only day-to-day, then he’s got an incredible talent for making minor injuries look brutal. :laugh:

I mistakenly thought he had a season-ending injury the first time and hopefully that’s the case again this time.
Zucker had that same talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->