Trade: [MIN/BUF] Stefon Diggs and 2020 7th for 2020 1st, 2020 5th, 2020 6th, and 2021 4th

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Diggs/Allen look great together

This is type of trade that a team really needs to pull off to push them into contender tier

Jefferson looks great for Vikes so this looks like a win/win for both teams at this point

Trade results so far:

Bills:
Diggs
7th, #239 (CB Dane Jackson, currently on PS)

Vikings:
1st, #22 (Jefferson)
4th in 2021
5th, #155 (traded to CHI (LB Trevis Gibson)) for 2021 4th
6th, #201 (traded to BAL (WR James Proche) for pick #225 (DE Kenny Willekes, who is currently on IR) and a 2021 5th

Even if we assume Willekes doesn't stick and the 3 picks next year are all scrubs and it just winds up Diggs for Jefferson (and he keeps this up) I think it's still a win-win.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Wtf was Diggs doing at the end of the game? He was walking back to line of scrimmage during the hurry up and never got set.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Wtf was Diggs doing at the end of the game? He was walking back to line of scrimmage during the hurry up and never got set.
Salty that they were losing is all that I can imagine. Probably not happy that they're running a hurry-up offense when he thought the game was out of grasp.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Trade results so far:

Bills:
Diggs

Vikings:
1st, #22 (Jefferson)
4th in 2021
6th, #201 (traded to BAL (WR James Proche) for pick #225 (DE Kenny Willekes, who is currently on IR) and a 2021 5th

Even if we assume Willekes doesn't stick and the 3 picks next year are all scrubs and it just winds up Diggs for Jefferson (and he keeps this up) I think it's still a win-win.
I think the other important thing to consider is that even if one thinks Jefferson > Diggs in terms of skill, I think the veteran experience of Diggs is really helping along Allen's progress. Jefferson wouldn't have been able to offer that.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think the other important thing to consider is that even if one thinks Jefferson > Diggs in terms of skill, I think the veteran experience of Diggs is really helping along Allen's progress. Jefferson wouldn't have been able to offer that.
Bills can afford Diggs as Allen is in year 3 of his rookie deal.

Minny eats dead cap this season, but will get the benefit of JJ on a rookie deal over the next 3 seasons when they will be up against the salary cap. Should have just let the Cousins contract run out this season rather than re-structure it.

Who knew that Minny would be in position to draft a Fields/Lance this draft. They have like 14 picks last season with all of their trades. I think they did push some into the 2021 draft. Only so many guys can make the roster, so always best to push extra picks into another season and end up with at most 11 or so picks, not 14.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Lots of people were skeptical of the fit but Diggs has been outstanding in Buffalo, being one of the elite WRs of this season and helping transform Josh Allen into a legitimate MVP candidate. Hard to say the Vikings didn't also make out well though, as they got Jefferson who looks like he could be a long time WR1 as well. Very nice move for both sides.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lots of people were skeptical of the fit but Diggs has been outstanding in Buffalo, being one of the elite WRs of this season and helping transform Josh Allen into a legitimate MVP candidate. Hard to say the Vikings didn't also make out well though, as they got Jefferson who looks like he could be a long time WR1 as well. Very nice move for both sides.
Both sides got what they wanted. Bills needed a proven WR1. Gabe Davis has been a nice addition as well to the WR group. They needed some over 6 feet WR given all of the smaller guys they had last season.

Minny took a cap hit this season but will have Jefferson on a rookie contract. So they did ok. It looks bad on them as quite possibly 8-8 could make the playoffs this season. 9-7 a more likely benchmark. So they are going to be disappointed at how the year turned out for them.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
There was reason to be skeptical about Diggs in Buffalo just because Buffalo hasn’t had a top passing game in so long. Seemed like he might be trading one running team for another. But boy did that not end up the case.

win win trade. Everyone got what they needed.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There was reason to be skeptical about Diggs in Buffalo just because Buffalo hasn’t had a top passing game in so long. Seemed like he might be trading one running team for another. But boy did that not end up the case.

win win trade. Everyone got what they needed.
agreed cause Buffalo couldn't bank on one of the rookie WR to be as productive. Helps Jefferson to have Theilen mentor him. Win win for both.

Reactions: NJDevs26

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Terrible deal for the Bills. They could have used their assets to get a young, talented receiver in this draft, heralded as the deepest WR class in a while. Diggs is good, but he is not worth THAT much.
Yeah, imagine Bills with those generational talents like Lamb or Ruggs instead Diggs who is top 3 receiver in the league...

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Trade results so far:

Bills:
Diggs

Vikings:
1st, #22 (Jefferson)
4th in 2021

Camp starting and Jefferson looking “better than last year” according to some reporters got me thinking about this trade again. Obviously Jefferson alone makes this a win-win but I just wanted to update the rest of the players the Vikings got as a result of this for bookkeeping purposes. Maybe Im developing OCD lol.

Bills:
Diggs
7th, #239 (CB Dane Jackson)

Vikings:
1st, #22 (Jefferson)
4th in 2021 #134 (DE Janarius Robinson)
5th, #155 (traded to CHI (LB Trevis Gibson)) for 2021 4th #125 (S Camryn Bynum)
6th, #201 (traded to BAL (WR James Proche) for pick #225 (DE Kenny Willekes) and a 2021 5th #168 (TE Zach Davidson)

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Camp starting and Jefferson looking “better than last year” according to some reporters got me thinking about this trade again. Obviously Jefferson alone makes this a win-win but I just wanted to update the rest of the players the Vikings got as a result of this for bookkeeping purposes. Maybe Im developing OCD lol.

Bills:
Diggs

Vikings:
1st, #22 (Jefferson)
5th, #155 (traded to CHI (LB Trevis Gibson)) for 2021 4th #125 (S Camryn Byrum)
6th, #201 (traded to BAL (WR James Proche) for pick #225 (DE Kenny Willekes) and a 2021 5th #168 (TE Zach Davidson)

FWIW the Bills love Jackson. He's not actually currently on the PS (as there is no PS currently) - but he did get brought up and start two games and play in 5 with the Bills last year. Most roster projections I've seen have him making the 53 out of camp this year.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
FWIW the Bills love Jackson. He's not actually currently on the PS (as there is no PS currently) - but he did get brought up and start two games and play in 5 with the Bills last year. Most roster projections I've seen have him making the 53 out of camp this year.

I copied and pasted that from an earlier post from last year and forgot to edit that part.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Bills:
Diggs
7th, #239 (CB Dane Jackson)

Vikings:
1st, #22 (Jefferson)
5th, #155 (traded to CHI (LB Trevis Gibson)) for 2021 4th #125 (S Camryn Byrum)

Odds of later picks hitting say it'll likely just remain Diggs for Jefferson but from the Vikings side, I'm intrigued with Robinson and Byrum.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Both sides got what they wanted. Buffalo needed a legit #1 WR which is what they got. Didn’t want to roll with just Beasley as the veteran producer. Never know which WR own out or not.
Minny got younger and cheaper WR option. Ate some dead cap in the trade but that’s now off the books.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Holy shit the entire first page of this thread probably contains the worst NFL hot takes in a long time. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad