Milt Schmidt

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
To my surprise I received a birthday card from Milt Schmidt. The 91 year old HOF Bruin is in a nursing home in Westwood,Ma. and a friend of mine told him it was my 50th. She told me he is the nicest man she has ever met. Classy on and off the ice. Gotta send him a thank you.

85highlander

Apr 2, 2007
The good Lord has kept him alive a very long time -- and he still hasn't seen anyone better than Bobby Orr...

A very happy birthday to you -- and to # 4 who turns 61 today.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
Never saw him play but from all acoounts he was a great player even though being in the service from age 24 to 28. One of the greatest story tellers ever. I would love to meet him.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Schmidt is a guy I was too young too see play (I was born in 1948). So obviously I've read things about him and my judgement is based on my studies.

But in all honesty, does anyone remember Schmidt playing? You would have to be pretty old. You got to give the guy props when people considered him, not Gordie Howe, to be the Hart Trophy winner in '51

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Milt Schmidt was the man behind the Espo,Hodge,Stanfield trade which in conjunction with Bobby Orr brought the B's two Cups. I have been offered the chance to go sit and talk with him. Poor him.

Stonefly

Jan 29, 2007
Milt Schmidt was the man behind the Espo,Hodge,Stanfield trade which in conjunction with Bobby Orr brought the B's two Cups. I have been offered the chance to go sit and talk with him. Poor him.

Wow! Now that would be a real treat. That's a fantastic opportunity.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
I got the chance to meet "Uncle Milty" about 20 years ago, he was in his 70's, (obviously :P ), but he still looked like he could have punched a hole through a refrigerator. He'll probably live another decade; God bless him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad