[Millions] Cammy wants out?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Feaster admitted that there is little interest in cammy out there. So those ideas of firsts, etc... Can forget about them unless we wait for the deadline.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
If cam really does want out, and the flames can also save that cash, that leaves feaster with a number of Moves. Assuming Cavy would agree to come..What do you all think about the team looking like this.. is it plausible??

Hudler Lecavelier Stepniak
Baerschi Monohan Jones
Glencross Backlund Hanowski
Horak Stajan Jackman
UFA Reinhart House
Granland

Trade cami for picknplayer, your only adding Cavs salary but minus Cami...with that much dough you can do anything with your D and/or goalie and maybe even get fucale at 22

Yah, i bet Vinny can't wait to play for that 30th place roster.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Feaster admitted that there is little interest in cammy out there. So those ideas of firsts, etc... Can forget about them unless we wait for the deadline.

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 12s Feaster to other GMs who may be behind Cammalleri chatter: 'My number is in the directory ... give me a call'

This is a veiled shot at Cammy. Nobody wants you, you're not as good as you think you are, so don't pull the same pouty "I'm too old for a rebuild" act Tanguay pulled.

If Tanguay or Cammalleri were really such valuable players, we wouldn't be in the excitement we are to ship them somewhere else.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Yah, i bet Vinny can't wait to play for that 30th place roster.

Yeah, we'll see what the league values him as. If he can still get top dollar from teams then he will not come here. But if no one wants to commit a whole lot to him then Calgary is a great place for him to go.

He immediately is our top player, we can overpay for a couple of years with big $$$ and he can prove himself to the league again.

you never know.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 12s Feaster to other GMs who may be behind Cammalleri chatter: 'My number is in the directory ... give me a call'

This is a veiled shot at Cammy. Nobody wants you, you're not as good as you think you are, so don't pull the same pouty "I'm too old for a rebuild" act Tanguay pulled.

If Tanguay or Cammalleri were really such valuable players, we wouldn't be in the excitement we are to ship them somewhere else.

Or you know, teams don't want to add a 6M cap hit (7M in real salary) when the cap is going down.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
You'd think they'd at least call and see if Feaster would keep some salary or take back a bad contract.

Maybe they tried and were told no? No point in continuing talks if it won't work cap wise.

If the Flames can manage to be patient, they'll recieve a much better return at the deadline. A pro-rated ~1.5M cap hit for someone like Cammalleri would be a very desirable commodity.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Or he said this:

Kristen Odland ‏@KristenOdlandCH
Feaster also said expectation is to start the season w/Cammalleri and they want to find him a good centre to play with. #NHL

https://twitter.com/KristenOdlandCH/statuses/350407645632540672

Which is it? Who's right - the TSN guy or the Herald girl?

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Maybe they tried and were told no? No point in continuing talks if it won't work cap wise.

If the Flames can manage to be patient, they'll recieve a much better return at the deadline. A pro-rated ~1.5M cap hit for someone like Cammalleri would be a very desirable commodity.

I'd love to unload Cammy for a solid return. Right now I don;t think his value is very high, even without his cap hit.

He'll be the offensive leader this season, so if he can be ~PPG player, then we can probably expect a solid return. Otherwise, he's a small one dimensional winger who's pretty much useless when he's not scoring.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Or he said this:

Kristen Odland ‏@KristenOdlandCH
Feaster also said expectation is to start the season w/Cammalleri and they want to find him a good centre to play with. #NHL

https://twitter.com/KristenOdlandCH/statuses/350407645632540672

Which is it? Who's right - the TSN guy or the Herald girl?

Both. They can't trade him for what they perceive to be fair value, so they'll keep him for now and find someone to complement his game so Baertschi and Backlund don't have to be this team's front line scorers.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'd love to unload Cammy for a solid return. Right now I don;t think his value is very high, even without his cap hit.

He'll be the offensive leader this season, so if he can be ~PPG player, then we can probably expect a solid return. Otherwise, he's a small one dimensional winger who's pretty much useless when he's not scoring.

His playoff resume would make him fairly attractive to a team like Vancouver, Washington or New York at the deadline.

I would agree, his value isn't all that high right now, but his cap hit likely makes him borderline untouchable, and not in the good way.

Ideally, the Flames would sign a centre like Ribeiro (preferably) or Weiss so to boost Cammalleri's stats. I don't see Cammalleri anywhere near a ppg if he's playing with Backlund or Stajan all season.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
With one-year left on Cammy's deal, I think it would be for the best to hold Cammy until the deadline when his cap hit means very little after proration. Right now, if we do move him, we would get less value.

I think Cammy just needs to realize that this year, he's playing for a chance at a cup, just not on this team. If he sulks and sucks, he's not going to get that chance, because no one will want him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This.

I don't care if there is no market for Cammy, but don't go telling the world. What does that accomplish?

Light a fire under his ass.
With your contract, 29 other clubs either don't want you, or can't afford you. Your value is negative.

Get your ass in gear and get to work.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Maybe to give Cammy some motivation? Probably not a terrible idea.

Light a fire under his ass.
With your contract, 29 other clubs either don't want you, or can't afford you. Your value is negative.

Get your ass in gear and get to work.

This could easily be accomplished via phone call. I don't buy the whole "light a fire under his ass" method.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

I've said this all along. We won't get anything for Cammaleri unless we wait for the TDL or eat half the cap hit. He's too pricey for what he brings. I think he can bring a 2nd and prospect at the TDL.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Feaster needs to learn when to shut the **** up.

Couldn't have said it better myself. His comments and bluster make him look like a jackass when he's probably a pretty nice guy in real life. It's like he has the compulsive need to be noticed.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Or perhaps Roger Millions is just full of ****?

Nope, I guarantee he's not. No accredited media member directly makes up quotes from a GM. That's Eklund level BS. Feaster has said lots of stupid blustery things. Why wouldn't you believe he dropped another one? History tends to repeat itself.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
Silver lining?

Maybe having Cammy on his wing could improve the slim chance of Vinny signing here?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
@Fan960Steinberg Feaster also said they've received little interest in Mike Cammalleri. #Flames

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Maybe having Cammy on his wing could improve the slim chance of Vinny signing here?

I think Vinny would sign here if we threw a lot of money at him, something that he couldn't pass on like a 2 Year 6.5M deal.

Its a horrific amount of money to spend on a player like him, but its short term and we have the cap space.

EDIT:

Also, does Cammy have any sort of NMC right now??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad