Recalled/Assigned: Miller up, Slepy down

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
I will say one thing about the farm this year. Everyone coming up really does seem to have worked out whatever issue they were sent down for! Good stuff, in past years players would go up and down in a seemingly long process and there really didnt seem to be much difference. You guys agree?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Probably would have happened sooner if not for injuries. Hope Slepyshev can go down and get some offensive confidence going. Game just a bit too quick right now I think.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I will say one thing about the farm this year. Everyone coming up really does seem to have worked out whatever issue they were sent down for! Good stuff, in past years players would go up and down in a seemingly long process and there really didnt seem to be much difference. You guys agree?

Finally have some depth in the system. There has to be a trade soon enough I suspect.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They need to get Slepy playing big minutes in an offensive role. It'll be interesting to see what he can do at the AHL level.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Then why make a move at all, Slep practically was the Eberle backup.

imo it's nothing about style of play. Slepy just didn't play well, and we still want an extra forward who can play next to talented forwards if need be.

TennisBalls

Jan 14, 2013
Manhattan
imo it's nothing about style of play. Slepy just didn't play well, and we still want an extra forward who can play next to talented forwards if need be.

I wouldn't say he didn't really play well. It wasn't really put in a position to succeed. He certainly shoulda started the year in the AHL with Drai and got his feet wet.

Hopefully he has some luck down there now.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
They need to get Slepy playing big minutes in an offensive role. It'll be interesting to see what he can do at the AHL level.

I expect Slepyshev to be down for a while now in the AHL. Eberle will be back, Pakarinen looks better to me at this momemt. My thoughts anyway.

Slepyshev looks like a potential top 6 winger to me which should make one of the top 9 wingers expendable in 2016 not named Hall. I could see Slepyshev being a top 6 winger on the Oilers full time next season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I expect Slepyshev to be down for a while now in the AHL. Eberle will be back, Pakarinen looks better to me at this momemt. My thoughts anyway.

Slepyshev looks like a potential top 6 winger to me which should make one of the top 9 wingers expendable in 2016 not named Hall. I could see Slepyshev being a top 6 winger on the Oilers full time next season.

I think that he replaces Purcell next season if he improves over the course of the season.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Few thought Slepyshev had a chance to make the big club this year. He had a very good camp and I thought showed a fair bit for a rookie playing his first time in NA and for a guy who does not really speak English on a team that is being given a lot to absorb.

His considerable offensive skills were not really that obvious yet but he played physically and was very responsible defensively. His role in BAK should be mostly as a scorer. That should help him. But if there are additional injuries I could see him back up with the big club.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Few thought Slepyshev had a chance to make the big club this year. He had a very good camp and I thought showed a fair bit for a rookie playing his first time in NA and for a guy who does not really speak English on a team that is being given a lot to absorb.

His considerable offensive skills were not really that obvious yet but he played physically and was very responsible defensively. His role in BAK should be mostly as a scorer. That should help him. But if there are additional injuries I could see him back up with the big club.

I hope they leave him down there for a bit. Even with the disaster of injuries we've had, he hasn't found a way to play more than 10 minutes a night outside of opening night and then a few games ago. It's clear he needs time to mature in the AHL as either he isn't ready or the coaching staff doesn't clearly trust him yet.

Hopefully he can do down and maybe get comfortable at a lower level. And who knows, maybe Nikitin helps the kid out as a vet Russian.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Player who didn't do crap in the NHL for a player who won't do crap in the NHL.

They both get and got their ***** handed to them by the other teams 3rd, 4th liners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad