Post-Game Talk (GBU): Miller and Vanek carrying 18 bums

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
The possibility for scoresheet carnage I'm sure is high. Perhaps Scott gets to tangle with someone, perhaps not. I suspect McCormick comes back into the lineup too.

Yeah, I think the Sabres get blown out on the scoreboard, but it might be the kind of physical game some expected out of the first meeting (I didn't think that one would be much of one). I hope Ruff puts McCormick in for Gerbe. If we're going to lose, go down swinging!

I still can't fathom how the Sabres won tonight with 15 shots. That's not going to cut it tomorrow...or in just about any game going forward. :shakehead

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
perhaps Im among the minority who sees Foligno nearly putting himself through the boards on a failed check as a good since nobody else on the team seemed willing to hit anything tonight? Kaleta was invisible save his near miss...scott didnt play half the game, weber was okay again as usual...ott was physical but wasnt in the "hitting" sense...

Grigs needs more ice time and better line mates and frankly that drop pass to no one shows it...if he were centering vanek and/or poms that woulda been a scoring chance...

hecht gotta go

Leopold actually has looked better lately...

Brennan gotta go...how many games can we keep this kid a sabre for his "shot" he doesnt actually use?

idk???Im baffled we won still...

snapshot19

Feb 27, 2012
perhaps Im among the minority who sees Foligno nearly putting himself through the boards on a failed check as a good since nobody else on the team seemed willing to hit anything tonight? Kaleta was invisible save his near miss...scott didnt play half the game, weber was okay again as usual...ott was physical but wasnt in the "hitting" sense...

Grigs needs more ice time and better line mates and frankly that drop pass to no one shows it...if he were centering vanek and/or poms that woulda been a scoring chance...

hecht gotta go

Brennan gotta go...how many games can we keep this kid a sabre for his "shot" he doesnt actually use?

Grigs play hasn't warranted any more ice time or better line mates. He is behind coho and ennis and that isn't going to change.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC

hecht gotta go

If he were centering Vanek and Pom, this team would be in even worse shape.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, I think the Sabres get blown out on the scoreboard, but it might be the kind of physical game some expected out of the first meeting (I didn't think that one would be much of one). I hope Ruff puts McCormick in for Gerbe. If we're going to lose, go down swinging!

I still can't fathom how the Sabres won tonight with 15 shots. That's not going to cut it tomorrow...or in just about any game going forward. :shakehead

It was vintage Hasek-era Sabres. If it's 1996, I think I might tell the 2013 version of myself to think about a different career path... :laugh:

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I really liked what I saw from the Isles...speedy team and it highlighted how slow the Sabres are at times...
I never said I didn't feel the same way, just thought of it because of what the Isles have done recently with the acquisition of the Thomas contract.

Spending to the cap is about star players. Theirs hit 3 posts, Vanek and Miller were outstanding. But ya everyone else blows and there's no excuse.
Well, I never said anything about specific players.
It was more just a commentary on how disgusting this group of players is at times.

It was vintage Hasek-era Sabres. If it's 1996, I think I might tell the 2013 version of myself to think about a different career path... :laugh:
It's actually statistically worse than anything Hasek saw. :laugh:

IanSabresPR Last #Sabres win when outshot by 28+ was 3/29/88 (3-1 W at QUE), 47-19 shots. (via Elias Sports Bureau)
http://twitter.com/IanSabresPR/status/300442482116788224

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And yes, I do give credit to Hodgson (and Pominville too for that matter) for not being bums tonight. The rest of 'em though... pretty deep on the **** list. Maybe Enroth, for his superior door opening skills makes the cut too.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Grigs play hasn't warranted any more ice time or better line mates. He is behind coho and ennis and that isn't going to change.

I wouldnt mind seeing ennis back on wing with grigs at center but maybe thats just me. I feel stafford is responsible for a lot of our secondary scoring problems aswell

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Really G:
MILLER!
Myers--no mistakes at all :)

G:
"OFF THE GOALPOST!"

B:
ZOMG D
Blue & Gold feet in mud

U:
was it only 43 SOG for Isles? Seemed like 1,000.

Really U:
Run ragged eeking out a win on LI, only to have to face an angry and rested Bruins team tomorrow

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
IDK, I thought the Islanders played great tonight. Miller stood on his head and Nabby was hot garbage. We had no business winning this game.

Nabby was so bad...lol. His team musta been like "WTF?"

Isles D and Sabres Forwards made it an EZ win for Nabby tonight, but he wouldn't have any of it.

Let's imagine what the score might've been if the teams had switched goalies before the game....LOL

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
IDK, I thought the Islanders played great tonight. Miller stood on his head and Nabby was hot garbage. We had no business winning this game.

They're worse than us now, and will be worse than us at the end of the year. Goaltending is part of that, I agree. My earlier post wasn't a brag mind you, just a statement.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

hecht gotta go

Well Brennan did have a total of 7 SOG the previous two games when he had PP time.
Kinda hard to get a lot of shots with 8 minutes of ice time and 0:00 on the PP tonight.
Small sample size, but Brennan has more shots per 60 minutes played than Ehrhoff.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
G:
VHP
Sulzer
Sekera

B:
Defense
Keeping an eye on johhny t
being outshot
Nabokov
Hamonic/Macdonald

U:
Scott with 1:39 of ice time if your not going to play him dress someone else.
Sulzer with 13 minutes of ice time
Stafford this season

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
outshot forty-freaking-three to fifteen, yet still manage to win??? Wow.

I fully expect we'll get slaughtered by the Bruins tomorrow, but nice to see this team string together two wins.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Pretty much everything that has been said...but Weber was **** today. Horrible game from him, seemed like he was turning the puck over every time he had it.

MGIII

Legendary
Jun 3, 2010
Buffalo, NY
If we can win playing this badly, we can be decent going forward. The rest of the team needs to elevate their game. Miller and the first line have spotted them 5 wins.

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
Ugly: If you had someone who had no knowledge of the financial situation of both of these teams watch this game and then asked them which was the team that circumvents the salary floor and which was the one that has the billionaire owner who wants to spend to nearly the ceiling, I think their answers would very likely differ from reality.

A bunch of misfits and waiver pickups just massively outplayed 90% of this team. :help:

I like this post. :)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Pretty much everything that has been said...but Weber was **** today. Horrible game from him, seemed like he was turning the puck over every time he had it.

I'm a Weber fan, but he needs to be playing under 18 minutes a game. Not the 22+ he got tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad