Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Great -

- Miller was outstanding

The Good -

- Pipes were on their side tonight
- Vanek basically creating the few chances they had through 2.5 periods and making them into go-ahead goals.

The Bad -

- D-zone play
- Losing the most dangerous man on the Islanders three or four times tonight.

The Ugly -

- They didn't deserve to win this at all. Back-to-back wins? Ha.
- 43-15 final shot count. Isles had 82 at net, including blocks and misses. Sabres had 37.

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
I don't know what to say anymore. Nice play from Miller and Vanek. It's almost getting sad to see Vanek own **** so much and then the rest of the team lolly-gag. It's a matter of equality I guess.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
The team is still in a funk (either that or they're plain bad), but they've somehow managed to wins off the backs of Vanek and Miller. Here's to hoping tomorrow's not a complete mess...

Ted Black

May 23, 2011
what a boring game. I'm sick of watching this team. Get Ruff out of here and see what happens. Sick of hearing that? Tough. :)

rsg87

Apr 1, 2011
Grigs with 7 minutes of ice time vs. Hecht with 18 minutes eugh.

snapshot19

Feb 27, 2012
The Great -

- Miller was outstanding

The Good -

- Pipes were on their side tonight
- Vanek basically creating the few chances they had through 2.5 periods and making them into go-ahead goals.

The Bad -

- D-zone play
- Losing the most dangerous man on the Islanders three or four times tonight.

The Ugly -

- They didn't deserve to win this at all. Back-to-back wins? Ha.
- 43-15 final shot count. Isles had 82 at net, including blocks and misses. Sabres had 37.

Credit has to be given to coho. Vanek wasn't the only one creating chances. Coho also saved a goal.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Good:

RYAN MILLER, Thomas Vanek

And a couple of posts

Bad: just about everyone else (Ehrhoff get a pass for his goal).

Ugly: Foligno trying to destroy the boards and almost knocking himself out

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I didn't totally hate Tyler Ennis the checking center. Which is more than I could say about his defensive game every other year. Perhaps this pays some long-term dividends...

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
Has Stafford even had a scoring chance yet this year? He's been okay along the boards but he's suppose to score goals and has 0.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hockey Night Live talking about Myers and his comments -- being embarrassed, looking for the silver lining. Daneyko seemed almost apologetic for him.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Ugly: If you had someone who had no knowledge of the financial situation of both of these teams watch this game and then asked them which was the team that circumvents the salary floor and which was the one that has the billionaire owner who wants to spend to nearly the ceiling, I think their answers would very likely differ from reality.

A bunch of misfits and waiver pickups just massively outplayed 90% of this team. :help:

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
These guys suck
G: V-H-P
Miller
B: Defense
Secondary scoring

U: We're gonna need norris winning myers to awake if this teams going anywhere

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
May have been Ehrhoff's worst game defensively as a Sabre.

I realize he's still basically a rookie but has Foligno received a pass properly in any game this season? Stafford too for that matter.

Imagining Defeat

Dec 16, 2007
Satellite of Love
Ugly: If you had someone who had no knowledge of the financial situation of both of these teams watch this game and then asked them which was the team that circumvents the salary floor and which was the one that has the billionaire owner who wants to spend to nearly the ceiling, I think their answers would very likely differ from reality.

A bunch of misfits and waiver pickups just massively outplayed 90% of this team. :help:

I really liked what I saw from the Isles...speedy team and it highlighted how slow the Sabres are at times...

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'd say most. :biglaugh:

True :laugh:

Has Stafford even had a scoring chance yet this year? He's been okay along the boards but he's suppose to score goals and has 0.

He has been brutal this year. IMO the disappointment of the season so far at forward.

I can live with Foligno having his moments, he's a rookie and thats what happens with rookies.

I can live with Ennis having his moments. He's in his first year at center and he has a lot to learn.

I can't live with the "leader" with the "A" on his jersey not producing much and looking listless. He's playing the same postion he has played in nearly 400 NHL games coming into this season. Does he really STILL need his hand held?

Ennis -----> 12gms 4g 5a 9pts +/- 0
Foligno ---> 12gms 1g 6a 7pts -4
Stafford --> 12gms 0g 4a 4pts -7

Soooooo tired of Stafford.

Last edited:

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

Spending to the cap is about star players. Theirs hit 3 posts, Vanek and Miller were outstanding. But ya everyone else blows and there's no excuse.

Funnies: Sabres had a larger percentage of players not show up tonight then Nabakovs save percentage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad