[MILESTONE] Joe Thornton Scores His 1,000th Career NHL Assist, the 13th Ever To Do So

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
My MAN!

If this were the 80's he would be finishing on the all time list in the top 5. Behind only guys like Gretzky

Do people realize how insane his point totals are for this era?

1000 assists in today's NHL. The only guy not named Gretzky or Lemieux to get back to back 90 assist seasons.

My man is only a few points away from cracking top 20 all time points. If this were the 80's, this iron man is likely finishing top 5 in points behind only the Howe's and Gretzky's

He has a legit shot at finishing top 5 in assists(If Jagr ever retires) as he is only 42 assists behind 5th all time. If this were the 80's, Jumbo Joe goes down as #2 behind Gretzky for assists

And 2 lockouts LMAO

Very well summed up. :handclap:

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Congrats, Jumbo!

I hope his Dad was in attendance!

IceQJZI.gif

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
You're right. Let's look back on the other nine ****ing hundred and ninety ****ing nine and see which ones count.

Or you can look at it like the Jets scored with 7 seconds left so in reality, that empty netter was the game winning goal. Thornton assisted on the GWG for his 1000th assist.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Thornton didn't even act like he cared about the assist. Just skated off the ice trying to avoid all the pats on the head lol.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
It is a shame that he does not get wayyyyy more attention than he does

Nothing against the Penguins, but seeing Thornton's thousand yard stare after losing in the Finals last year, actually wounded my soul. Such a quiet and powerful leader... I really wanted him to get one.

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
It is a shame that he does not get wayyyyy more attention than he does

Nothing against the Penguins, but seeing Thornton's thousand yard stare after losing in the Finals last year, actually wounded my soul. Such a quiet and powerful leader... I really wanted him to get one.

Everybody that plays with him loves him. I'd have to think it hurt his teammates too. Playing with a guy like that has to make you want it more for him.

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
Such a great achievement, and it couldn't have happened to a better ambassador or classy guy like Big Joe.

Now more then ever, those clowns that left him off the top 100 list should be making statements as to exactly why they felt that way, and then immediately be punched in the mouth.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
And the Bruins traded him for Wayne Primeau, Stuart, and some other nobody.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Congrats on Joe's milestone.

Btw... Isn't that little kid, between Joe and Samsonov, Ryan Donato, 2nd round pick of the Bruins in 2014, currently playing for Harvard?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad