[MILESTONE] Joe Thornton Scores His 1,000th Career NHL Assist, the 13th Ever To Do So

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Funny seeing Oates #7 on the list.

I remember then the top-100 list was released, some members here said Oates was nothing special and shouldn't be anywhere near close of it.

Tbh, when I was young, people went nut on duo like Lemieux/Jagr, Kariya/Selanne, Lindros/Leclair.

For me it was always Oates, Oates/Hull Oates/Neely, Oates/Bondra.

Straight savage,

from player I saw, only Oates, Thornton and Sedin could pass the puck like that...

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If he plays till 40 and remains a lock for 50 assists a year, he's got a pretty good shot at top-5 in spite of playing in this era. Which is nuts.

His point totals will be just as impressive, I've said it for years, he may be the only player to have not played in the high scoring 80's/early 90's to crack 1500 which is a ridiculous feat. He's already the only player in the top-30 who didn't play in that era. He will in all likelihood finish 14th all time in points with a legit shot at 13th/12th.

Of all players in the league right now, Sidney Crosby will take about 6-7 more years to pass Joe then after that McDavid in about 15 years.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
No doubt a very impressive feat. It's something we may never see again. There's no guarantee that Crosby will make it, and McDavid is a long ways away from thinking about it.

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
My MAN!

If this were the 80's he would be finishing on the all time list in the top 5. Behind only guys like Gretzky

Do people realize how insane his point totals are for this era?

1000 assists in today's NHL. The only guy not named Gretzky or Lemieux to get back to back 90 assist seasons.

My man is only a few points away from cracking top 20 all time points. If this were the 80's, this iron man is likely finishing top 5 in points behind only the Howe's and Gretzky's

He has a legit shot at finishing top 5 in assists(If Jagr ever retires) as he is only 42 assists behind 5th all time. If this were the 80's, Jumbo Joe goes down as #2 behind Gretzky for assists

And 2 lockouts LMAO

I mean look at the 2nd picture in the OP's post. Classic dead puck era hooking/skiing right there.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
He is my favourite player that has never played for the Jets. Awesome career, hope he has more to give over the next few years! :handclap:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
On an empty netter eh too bad kinda tarnishes it but still a good stat to have under your belt

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
You're right. Let's look back on the other nine ****ing hundred and ninety ****ing nine and see which ones count.

Not what i meant sorry for the confusion. Congrats for Joe T :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->