Value of: Miles Wood (Devils)

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
McLeod,Wood Zacha- To Oilers RNH,Strome...
200w.gif

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Miles Wood is one of the most unique players we've produced in a long time. His potential is off the charts because of his combination of skill and toughness. He's the fastest player I've ever seen in a straight line and that's not hyperbole. When you watch him on an everyday basis you recognize there's the potential for something special with Miles. There's also the chance he doesn't get much better because he definitely lacks hockey sense and his hands are average at best.

With that said, I wouldn't trade him for anything less than what would be deemed an extreme overpayment to someone not so familiar with Wood. I think he can be a better skating Wayne Simmonds. So 30+ goals and 50-60 points are not out of the question year in and year out. Plus his ability play a rugged game will make him a valuable commodity.

I also think he has a chance to be a very marketable player in this league or at the very least a fan favorite among Devil's fan. Considering his personality and the way he looks(my girl is obsessed with him).

People may not agree with me, but that last reason adds to his value in my opinion. Basically he's going nowhere and the fact he's signed to a team friendly contract for 4 seasons and then is still only an RFA means he's going nowhere.

Reactions: MartyOwns

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
Apparently a Miles Wood for Erik Gudbranson deal was discussed.

I would do that.

Wood can play with Goldobin and Pettersson.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Read what? This thread is about his value in the league, I gave my opinion on his value, that's actually better than the above poster who offered a 2nd.

He gives you a guy who has proven success at the right wing but is currently buried on the Leafs in the same way Woods is on the third line on the Devils, the Leafs could use a left winger with speed to play with Kadri and the Devils would prefer Brown to Noesen or Quenneville.

This is hardly some down grade as you term it. In any case, that's an offer so it gives OP a view of his value around the league.
Of course it’s a downgrade. You’re offering an older player who was outproduced by younger player you’re trying to trade for because he had 20 goals the season before as if that’s a big selling point over the guy who had 19 this past season. Not only that Wood fits the system perfectly and is the perfect pest, while Brown doesn’t check off any of those categories?

So yea, it’s certainly a downgrade for us, even if in “your opinion” you don’t see it as such.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Miles Wood is one of the most unique players we've produced in a long time. His potential is off the charts because of his combination of skill and toughness. He's the fastest player I've ever seen in a straight line and that's not hyperbole. When you watch him on an everyday basis you recognize there's the potential for something special with Miles. There's also the chance he doesn't get much better because he definitely lacks hockey sense and his hands are average at best.

With that said, I wouldn't trade him for anything less than what would be deemed an extreme overpayment to someone not so familiar with Wood. I think he can be a better skating Wayne Simmonds. So 30+ goals and 50-60 points are not out of the question year in and year out. Plus his ability play a rugged game will make him a valuable commodity.

I also think he has a chance to be a very marketable player in this league or at the very least a fan favorite among Devil's fan. Considering his personality and the way he looks(my girl is obsessed with him).

People may not agree with me, but that last reason adds to his value in my opinion. Basically he's going nowhere and the fact he's signed to a team friendly contract for 4 seasons and then is still only an RFA means he's going nowhere.

People also forget that he's only a few years removed from playing high school hockey.

How does she feel now that he's missing about 6 teeth?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He's the kind of guy that every team would want, but not for a ridiculously high price, so New Jersey would probably be best served to keep him. I'd love to have him on the Oilers but we don't have anything of proper value to send back.

Reactions: cj19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad