Value of: Miles Wood (Devils)

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
They would never trade him to the Rangers, but you should keep him. He's not a bad player and he's probably one of those guys worth more on the ice than you would get back in return.

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
One of the more interesting Devils players. Has to be one of, if not the, fastest players in the NHL in a straight line. He has good hands for his style of play, too. He's one of those worth more to us than you type of players and I'm really excited to see how he continues to develop. It would have to be a really solid offer to take Wood off our hands.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
McLeod,Wood Zacha- To Oilers RNH,Strome...

Negative interest.

Wood is a rare breed. He's one of the fastest straight-line skaters in the league with incredible scoring touch around the net, in addition to having some snarl and a physical tool box. This year, he has shown flashes of play-making ability superior to anything shown in his past body of work, which is encouraging.

There's no reason to trade him and watch him round out elsewhere. If he hits his ceiling, he'll be a very unique asset that teams would kill for.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Too low for teams to give up good assets.

Too high for the Devils to want to give up on him for "fair value."

You're not getting Miles Wood unless you overpay and honestly why would you overpay? He has great upside, but so do a lot of other players.

He's in that tweener space where a 2nd doesn't feel like remotely close to enough for the Devils, but a 1st is probably asking too much of trading teams.

I guess for the Leafs we could try Brown? Leafs get more speed and grit and the Devils get a slightly more proven player who is buried in Toronto.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Too low for teams to give up good assets.

Too high for the Devils to want to give up on him for "fair value."

You're not getting Miles Wood unless you overpay and honestly why would you overpay? He has great upside, but so do a lot of other players.

He's in that tweener space where a 2nd doesn't feel like remotely close to enough for the Devils, but a 1st is probably asking too much of trading teams.

I guess for the Leafs we could try Brown? Leafs get more speed and grit and the Devils get a slightly more proven player who is buried in Toronto.
Why would they down grade to help the leafs

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Why would they down grade to help the leafs

Brown isn't really a down grade considering he had a better start to his career and already has a 20 goal season under his belt.

I don't think you'll get much more than that for him, even picks+prospect may end up being less than a proven NHL player who has already scored 20 goals.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Brown isn't really a down grade considering he had a better start to his career and already has a 20 goal season under his belt.

I don't think you'll get much more than that for him, even picks+prospect may end up being less than a proven NHL player who has already scored 20 goals.
You didn't bother reading Devils fans replys did you?
Or did you just chose to ignored them
What more does Brown bring beside one season of having 20 goals?

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
You didn't bother reading Devils fans replys did you?
Or did you just chose to ignored them
What more does Brown bring beside one season of having 20 goals?

Read what? This thread is about his value in the league, I gave my opinion on his value, that's actually better than the above poster who offered a 2nd.

He gives you a guy who has proven success at the right wing but is currently buried on the Leafs in the same way Woods is on the third line on the Devils, the Leafs could use a left winger with speed to play with Kadri and the Devils would prefer Brown to Noesen or Quenneville.

This is hardly some down grade as you term it. In any case, that's an offer so it gives OP a view of his value around the league.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Read what? This thread is about his value in the league, I gave my opinion on his value, that's actually better than the above poster who offered a 2nd.

He gives you a guy who has proven success at the right wing but is currently buried on the Leafs in the same way Woods is on the third line on the Devils, the Leafs could use a left winger with speed to play with Kadri and the Devils would prefer Brown to Noesen or Quenneville.

This is hardly some down grade as you term it. In any case, that's an offer so it gives OP a view of his value around the league.
To know how the devil fans value him

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
I'd keep him. He almost hit the 20 goals mark with low TOI and almost no PP.

That guy could become your Paul Byron sooner than later.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Strome and Zacha are pretty comparable at #3C
Not trading RNH for Mcleod and Wood

Pass
Strome isnt in the same stratosphere as Zacha defensively, and Zacha still has major upside having played less than 3 full years in NA

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Nashville could be interested in adding his skills. Maybe wood and a decent add for Fiala?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
the real answer is he isn't really available.

The only thing he would likely be moved for is in a package for a legit youngish LHD.

Reactions: SeidoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad