Milano arrested

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Came here to post this... Wild..
You know as a football fan I am used to this crap but not usually from hockey players. Doesn't Milano know you have to be a superstar like Patrick Kane to get away with beating someone up. SMH!

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Honestly , I could care less . He’s a young kid, and doesn’t have a trouble past . Most likely someone with something to prove found out an nhl player was in the club , and started something .

That's when you walk away, supremely unprofessional to get involved in a thing like this regardless of who started it.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
AJ Greer and Sonny Milano live together in NY?

NHL players AJ Greer and Sonny Milano 'are arrested for assaulting friend at Manhattan apartment' | Daily Mail Online

Two NHL players have reportedly been arrested for assaulting a friend at their home in Manhattan after a night out.

Anthony-John 'AJ' Greer, 22, of the Colorado Avalanche and Frank 'Sonny' Milano, 23, of the Columbus Blue Jackets were charged with third-degree assault in connection with the incident early Sunday morning, a police source told DailyMail.com.

The altercation allegedly occurred at an apartment on W Houston St in Greenwich Village, listed as the players' address, and is believed to have been over a nightclub bill at 1 Oak in Chelsea.

The 28-year-old victim, who has not been named and is not a hockey player, called police at 5.30am and said the two players had repeatedly punched and kicked him after he complained about the bill.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This is arguably the biggest summer of his career, and this isn't the right way to make news.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
at 5:30 am, too.

yikes.
I'm no buckeye fan but Jim Tressel always used to say nothing good happens after 10:00 PM. Obviously the police report details I've heard only tell one side of the story. We'll see what, if anything happens with it. The guy could drop the charges and it goes away. Their pending court date is in early September so this will be right before the time training camp will be starting if it goes that far.

Reactions: egelband

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
If he's jettisoned for this, it's just an excuse to cut ties. Not that they needed one as he probably isn't NHL material.

It was a drunken late night disturbance. With another hockey player. Oh, the horror! I wonder what the attitude would be if were Seth Jones or Josh Anderson and not Milano?:laugh:

If Milano-or any other player on the team-has a tendency toward late night debauchery, then the team is already aware of it. With all the travel over the years, it's probably pretty obvious who isn't a choir boy on the team. If this is a pattern for him, then appropriate action should be taken. If it's only an out of season non team related incident, then it's a big nothing.

Possible penalties for assault in the third degree:
Jail Time for 3rd Degree Assault

Assault in the third degree is an A misdemeanor, meaning that it is punishable by up to one year in jail, as per NY Penal Law §§ 60.01(3)(a), NY Penal Law §§ 60.01(3)(a) and 70.15(1). In NYC, however, a first arrest for assault in the third degree will usually not result in any jail time.

New York Assault Charges Defense Lawyers – Law Offices of Daniel A. McGuinness, P.C.

Last edited:

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
Over a bar tab I heard.

Think of it this way- this kid - who has been cut two years in a row- instead of working out and working on his game is on a 5:30am bender fighting over the bar tab. What a scrub. Grow up Sonny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad