Pre-Game Talk: Milan Hejduk Appreciation Thread

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
His shot was a thing of beauty. Almost all wrists. So quick and accurate.

member 116861

I'm surrounded by Canucks fans, this guy made their life hell. Thank you, Mr.Hejduk!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great player, great career.

One of the kids needs to go swimming on the ice in his honour tomorrow night. Although, it'd be kinda funny if someone like Soderberg did since it'd be just as surprising as Hejduk doing it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Great player, great career.

One of the kids needs to go swimming on the ice in his honour tomorrow night. Although, it'd be kinda funny if someone like Soderberg did since it'd be just as surprising as Hejduk doing it.
Soderberg needs to do this.

However, I'd be just as happy seeing Yak do it. He'd probably try swimming the entire rink.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Soderberg needs to do this.

However, I'd be just as happy seeing Yak do it. He'd probably try swimming the entire rink.

Yakupov would do it for sure. Rantanen is a goofball so he'd probably be a good candidate as well. Same with Barrie but obviously that one can't happen right now.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The thing that sold me on him that I've said ad nauseam on these boards was his supreme adaptability. He could be the fancy sniper playing up-tempo, open-cycle hockey when playing with a guy like Joe Sakic, and then turn it around and play low along the boards and get the greasy goals in the slot when alongside Paul Stastny, or a combination of the two with Peter Forsberg. Hell, he and Alex Tanguay played an entire game with Travis effing Brigley at center and it somehow worked. He doesn't get enough credit for being as complete a player as he was.

The one and only time I ever remember him looking out of sorts on the ice was when they put him on the point of the power play. You could tell he got nervous about turning it over and overhandled the puck. Thankfully that experiment ended quickly.

A shame he was only captain for one season but I think the decision to relinquish the C was his choice.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I always forget he was captain of the team briefly, such a forgettable period of time. Hejduk was great to watch though, had an uncanny chemistry with almost everyone. Just made the team better and did his job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad