Mikko Rantanen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
That fine is crap and the call was crap. You don't snap your head, lose an edge falling backwards and have an obvious twist in your momentum if you're diving. It was all the hook combined with Rantanen's awkward skating and positioning giving way.

Funny how he gets a fine for it because it's the second call of the season but others go unnoticed. Honestly it isn't even a memory if Bergeron hadn't made a stink about it, his reputation earned the matching penalty.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Finns are good at hockey because they are taught proper raking techniques at a young age which translates well to hockey. They spend afternoons cleaning up leaves in the woods. Not a lot of people know this but it's true.

This is true.

Raking is YUGE thing in here and we are best nation when it comes to raking forest.

Backcheckmonster3

Aug 19, 2018
Dont think it's a matter of being down on Mackinnon. More everyone is extremely high on Rantanen.

I still think Mack can be a ~65-70 point #1C with quite honestly a pretty solid 2 way game(This is where he's improved the most the last 3 seasons).

But, I think that highly of Rantanen at this point that I think he can be an even better player than that. Maybe not produce more(Though I can see him doing 35/35 routinely for a few years) but have a bigger impact on the game in other areas.

1,5 years ago this was seen as an optimistic comment.

Reactions: MacBradley

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
[/QUOTE]

Rants has been selected the first star of the game in three of the four last games.
Also Rants/we have the number one powerplay in the league. After rather slow start that is even little surprising.

Reactions: MacBradley

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I said a Mikko Rantanen, Mikko Rantanen

Please get this song off my head, someone help

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
I said a Mikko Rantanen, Mikko Rantanen

Please get this song off my head, someone help

Ville Peltonen! Ville Peltonen.
Mikko Rantanen! Mikko Rantanen.

HQEUjdo.gif

FinnishLegends

Mar 21, 2017
Oukayh this is my first post in this forum. I have followed Mikko's career about six years. Mikko was born close (ok, not really close, maybe 20 miles away but it's small distance in Finnish countryside) to me. Mikko has always been very hard worker guy. When he was only ten years old he had lot of activities and also both of his sisters are amateur athletes. It has been nice to see how Mikko has reached the top of the world in NHL.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Highest scoring season for Finnish player ever was 135 points for Jari Kurri 1984-1985.

Mikko Rantanen is on pace for 136,6 points.

I mean, he'd have to keep this ridiculous pace up for the next 55 games. It's easy to say it's not doable. But this guy has done nothing else than proven people wrong and he just keeps looking amazing night in night out.

When he is on his game, he scores points. When he and MacK are on their game, he scores points. When he is not on his game and MacK is, he scores points. And then there is Landeskog who is the glue in that line who makes it a lot easier for him and MacK to score points. It's just a perfect situation for him to be in.

My honest guess? Rantanen finishes with ~110-115 points. That's double than I expected him ever score in a season.

@Mulletman I had to tag you, as now you see my first real hype post about Rantanen :laugh:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Highest scoring season for Finnish player ever was 135 points for Jari Kurri 1984-1985.

Mikko Rantanen is on pace for 136,6 points.

I mean, he'd have to keep this ridiculous pace up for the next 55 games. It's easy to say it's not doable. But this guy has done nothing else than proven people wrong and he just keeps looking amazing night in night out.

When he is on his game, he scores points. When he and MacK are on their game, he scores points. When he is not on his game and MacK is, he scores points. And then there is Landeskog who is the glue in that line who makes it a lot easier for him and MacK to score points. It's just a perfect situation for him to be in.

My honest guess? Rantanen finishes with ~110-115 points. That's double than I expected him ever score in a season.

@Mulletman I had to tag you, as now you see my first real hype post about Rantanen :laugh:
His pace is actually increasing instead of slowing down. He's neatly 1.7PPG now, with 16 points in his last 8 games.

He needs to be around 1PPG to finish with 100 points, which is a pretty significant regression.

He has a very real chance at 120.

Reactions: Murzu

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
105+ I believe. never thought he would reach this I'm so giddy I thought 80-85 pts was his absolute peak.

with a 0.001 chance of 90

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
105+ I believe. never thought he would reach this I'm so giddy I thought 80-85 pts was his absolute peak.

with a 0.001 chance of 90

Come on man, at least wait til he breaks last seasons totals before declaring 105+ seasons like it’s a sure thing.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
if he can put up a bit mor than a ppg last year this year he should be able too. Hes a beast.

Bearr

Dec 31, 2015
How much are y'all speculating he's gonna get paid? Laine is gonna get at the absolute least 7 million even though his best scoring season is only 70p. Although not to disregard the fact he scored 36 goals as a rookie, 44 as a sophomore, and now on pace for 50 on his contract year.

Would 8-8.5 mil be reasonable for Mikko? Most players aren't greedy but they still understandably want the amount of their market worth.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
How much are y'all speculating he's gonna get paid? Laine is gonna get at the absolute least 7 million even though his best scoring season is only 70p. Although not to disregard the fact he scored 36 goals as a rookie, 44 as a sophomore, and now on pace for 50 on his contract year.

Would 8-8.5 mil be reasonable for Mikko? Most players aren't greedy but they still understandably want the amount of their market worth.

I’m expecting at least 9 right now.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

If he breaks 100, 9-9.5 would be a steal. He's worth more than Laine by quite a bit.

If he hits 110-115, and wins the Art Ross, he'll be going into negotiations with around 200 points over the last 2 seasons, and I imagine 10 will be low.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I'd bet both Laine and Mikko end within the 9-10 mil range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->