Prospect Info: Mikko Rantanen Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Sweet. :yo:
I hope we'll see him on Grigo's wing at one point in the season. Magic might happen.

giphy.gif

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
At this point I'm expecting him to report to San Antonio on a short conditioning stint to start the season to get into game shape.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
Really, really want to see Rantanen light it up this year because I've been pumping his tires to the point of bursting to friends/family.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Question: Veilleux was hired before Bednar, right? It can't just be coincidence that both coaches employ the same system (as I recall, Chynoweth was a dump-and-chase guy all the way, which ran completely counter to what Roy wanted to do). Could it be that Veilleux is struggling a bit running a system he is not quite accustomed to?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Question: Veilleux was hired before Bednar, right? It can't just be coincidence that both coaches employ the same system (as I recall, Chynoweth was a dump-and-chase guy all the way, which ran completely counter to what Roy wanted to do). Could it be that Veilleux is struggling a bit running a system he is not quite accustomed to?

He's doing Bednar's system but says it's close to what he ran so he's happy with it. When they get more organized we'll see exactly how close it is. The guy to ask about this was Meloche but there's always next year.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So how'd he look this weekend? Does he now just practice and chill until Saturday?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So how'd he look this weekend? Does he now just practice and chill until Saturday?

I thought he did well. He looked just like he did last year, more physically engaging too. In second game seemed to take a spill that stung him a bit but came out in the third and played fine. Yeah practice pretty much. On the broadcast they seemed to hint he'll go back after 5th game next Tuesday as the team goes on the road after that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought he did well. He looked just like he did last year, more physically engaging too. In second game seemed to take a spill that stung him a bit but came out in the third and played fine. Yeah practice pretty much. On the broadcast they seemed to hint he'll go back after 5th game next Tuesday as the team goes on the road after that.

Good to hear. I don't like being without him for that long. Hopefully he'll be in the lineup for the Jets game on the 28th.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's been way too long since I've been able to see him play.

Really excited to see how he looks this year.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
Here's to hoping the plan is to have him play Saturday and Sunday with SA and then let him practice with the Avs for a few days before Friday against the Jets.

Provides him with as much of "game shape" stimulus and big squad practice as could be hoped for.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hope Coach puts Rantanen on the roster rather than "we're winning, don't change anything!"

I don't think Bednar is stubborn to the same level as Sacco was when it comes to lineup changes after a win. He's been critical of the team's play after wins and I heard he really leaned into them in practice after the opening night victory against Dallas.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
I don't think Bednar is stubborn to the same level as Roy was when it comes to lineup changes after a win. He's been critical of the team's play after wins and I heard he really leaned into them in practice after the opening night victory against Dallas.

Fixed.

Roy would look at a win 1000% due to Varly stealing the game as evidence that the lineup was functioning as it should.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Fixed.

Roy would look at a win 1000% due to Varly stealing the game as evidence that the lineup was functioning as it should.

I thought about it but I think Sacco was worse than Roy. After Bumwhack played surprisingly well in relief of the injured Kyle Quincey, he refused to put Quincey back in. I get that Quincey wasn't exactly All-Star material but I think they could've fit him back in that lineup easily. That move ended up alienating Quincey and led to a pretty bad rift between some of the players and Sacco. Roy was stubborn when it came to lineup changes but IMO Sacco was positively self-destructive.

Quenneville was a guy I kinda wished would've been more rigid when it came to "If it ain't broke..." And no, I won't let it go...it was 100% his fault the Avs stellar playoff push stalled at the worst possible time that season. He should've kept Skrastins out for one more game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad