Speculation: Mikko Rantanen Mega Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Whelbourn

Jun 2, 2018
If Bob Mackenzie is saying that sakic is offering 8+ on a 7-8 year deal and rantanens camp wants to get that into a 9's... just get it into the 9's, all of these bridge deals qualifying offers are going to be around 9 mill, so if you're locking up long term 9.5 is way better than 6 years at 11

Last edited:

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
If Bob Mackenzie is saying that sakic is offering 8+ on a 7-8 year deal and rantanens came wants tonget that into a 9's... just get it into the 9's, all of these bridge deals qualifying offers are going to be around 9 mill, so if you're locking up long term 9.5 is way better than 6 years at 11

If it's only 9s/9.5 that Rantanen wants you pay the man. He has earned that and is bound to get significantly more if he goes the bridge route.

Reactions: 63 others

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With the recent rfa signings tkachuk’s 4 rfa years land at $30 mill based off his QO.

At a minimum that’s Rantanen’s rfa number. What is each ufa year worth? Should it be $10 mill, $12 mill, more?

Probably won’t be totally happy with the deal but should be content. I think it’s better to be content on a bridge than on a long term deal. But that’s me.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
With the recent rfa signings tkachuk’s 4 rfa years land at $30 mill based off his QO.

At a minimum that’s Rantanen’s rfa number. What is each ufa year worth? Should it be $10 mill, $12 mill, more?

Probably won’t be totally happy with the deal but should be content. I think it’s better to be content on a bridge than on a long term deal. But that’s me.
I think it's almost guaranteed to be long term in the 9s range. Leafs fans are about to lose their mind, the only argument for the Marner deal is the term. If Rantanen signs for the same term or longer for less money, oh boy.

Reactions: Jeff Whelbourn

Jeff Whelbourn

Jun 2, 2018
Anybody read the article by AJ hefaele on bsn denver? Talked to the swiss media about contract situation, haven't had a chance to see what mikko said

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think it's almost guaranteed to be long term in the 9s range. Leafs fans are about to lose their mind, the only argument for the Marner deal is the term. If Rantanen signs for the same term or longer for less money, oh boy.

All reports indicates that its 6 years + and in the 9 range. I'm hoping it's 7 years, and I don't care if its 9.1 vs. 9.9

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So we’ve got DNVR, Dater, and Eklund all saying it’s getting closer. I would love to believe they all verified that independently, but I’d bet it’s all based on the DNVR article.

howboutahug

Mar 20, 2018
Rocky Mountains
via AJ Haefele of DNVR -

“It’s closer than it was in August,” Rantanen said of contract talks. “That’s automatic because the season is a week away. We’ll see what happens. I cannot say that much more but I think it’s closing in.”

Does he prefer a bridge deal or a long-term contract?

“I don’t want to comment on that,” Rantanen replied. “I just want to play and it doesn’t matter really what it is. I just want to get it done and we’ll see what happens.”

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Bob Mackenzie is saying that sakic is offering 8+ on a 7-8 year deal and rantanens camp wants to get that into a 9's... just get it into the 9's, all of these bridge deals qualifying offers are going to be around 9 mill, so if you're locking up long term 9.5 is way better than 6 years at 11

That can't be right?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Sakic is a bit of an is an idiot if Rantanen would be willing to give up 6-7 years of term for under 10 mil amd hes not jumping at the chance to inking that asap before the player changes his mind

Edit:typo lol

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

Jeff Whelbourn

Jun 2, 2018
Sakic is a bit of an is an idiot if Rantanen would be willing to give up 6-7 years of term for under 10 mil amd hes not jumping at the chance to tinkle that asap before the player changes his mind

If he wanted 8 years in the mid 9 mill range I'd have done it for sure already, however I'm assuming it's got alot to do with setting a precident with guys like landy, makar, timmins, and grubauer signing soon

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Im guessing Rants agent is asking for 3xwhatever or 8x$11.

Sakic is saying we wont even consider a 3 year deal and will go to 8x$9. Now just need to meet at 8x$10 and get it done.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Avs have cap space. They are thinking about the future though because they have a good young team. Gotta think about those things when you have a system of good young players coming in over the years.

Reactions: DallasGaume

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Honestly I think we all need to collectively get over it and have fun watching hockey again.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
What makes you think Mikko is even considering an 8 year deal?
Total guess. We know Sakic is pretty good at standing firm on whatever he wants and I have to think the Avs want to lock him up for life if possible, so 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad