Mikko Rantanen is the most underrated player in the league (by far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
As an Avs fan who generally watches the opposing team's live feed, I don't find him underrated whatsoever. He's constantly getting praise from commentators. MacKinnon gets all of the spotlight in the pregame but during the game itself Mikko gets just as much recognition.

Reactions: cgf

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Shouldn't be spoken in the same breath as Matthews and Laine, is say a better comparison is Aho, which is no disrespect at all.

Why not. Laines shot is obviously better, but Rants overall play is considerable better.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
As an Avs fan who generally watches the opposing team's live feed, I don't find him underrated whatsoever. He's constantly getting praise from commentators. MacKinnon gets all of the spotlight in the pregame but during the game itself Mikko gets just as much recognition.

True, the broadcasters are giving him some respek but any sort of nationwide telecast or talking heads panel rarely talks about the guy. I figure it's only a matter of time if he keeps it up, but then again you have players like Backstrom putting in tons of work and production while not getting the limelight.

tomi2

Mar 1, 2007
I'm so impressed whenever i get to see him play. His hands, size, vision and skating (for his size) is already elite but I would like to him to use his size and strength even more, because he can. He's a beast. One of the best wingers in the game.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Mikko Rantanen must stop developing and filling out every single part of his game to perfection. Or he will become the second best player from '15.

Reactions: StayPuft39

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Rantanen have elevated his game to next level. Last season he was little bit product of McK and this year he have been best player on Avs. I wouldn't bet against 100 point mark.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

RiskyBryzness21

Mar 23, 2017
Never seen him getting recognition in twitter-sphere, to say so, or in hockey community, it's all MacKinnon, MacKinnon and MacKinnon.
That Rantanen kid deserves a bit more hype, it's not all McK

Reactions: dukeofjive

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Voraceks definitely a better rush player but Rantanen’s probably better at everything else at this point

Btw: 3 point behind the league lead in points with 1 game in hand!

I'm a big Rantanen fan but Jesus, talk about selling Voracek short. He's 15th in total points over the last 5 seasons. One of the best playmakers in the NHL. Absolute monster at puck protection and zone entries.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Vincent Trocheck.

It’s funny because I was going to come here and say rantanen is great but how about Trocheck? Florida is a market it’s hard, some didn’t even know matheson was a quality defender before the pettersen hit. Just goes to show you that they don’t notice much in sunrise and when they do it’s barkov (as they should) but there’s some really talented forwards here too specifically this guy. So what about Vinnie?

Such a good second line center and was amazing last year and got no love.

He has three pts against Holtby and the caps in just he first period tonight.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Leon Draisatil has done absolutely nothing over any substantial enough sample size to be put in the same tier as Mikko.

If Drai was playing with McDavid he would've had a PPG+ season too. They are 100% comparable players, it would be like Rantanen playing with Jost and Andrighetto.

Rants can definitely separate from him this year, but giving how they have played the previous two years they are close to each other at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf and nabob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad