Mikko Koskinen

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
oT4zlsk.jpg

Any good replays/GIF of that last OT save?

Briefly shown after the goal. The official Play-by-Play says it hit the post. His stick was there anyway.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Didn't like either of his first two GA tonight but he shut the door after (outside of being completely hung out to dry against Ovechkin one more time.)

Reactions: McFlyingV

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
He actually didn't look set, reacted late to quite a few shots and his glove did not look timed but if this is what we're getting with "off night" Koskinen, I'll take it. Koskinen was solid and kept us in it when he had to.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Didn't like either of his first two GA tonight but he shut the door after (outside of being completely hung out to dry against Ovechkin one more time.)
Agreed. This is a new Koskinen so far that has more confidence than in the 2nd half last year. I also didn't like the two goals tonight, but he didn't give up the 4th which was very important, and thats something we wouldn't have seen out of him last year.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Agreed. This is a new Koskinen so far that has more confidence than in the 2nd half last year. I also didn't like the two goals tonight, but he didn't give up the 4th which was very important, and thats something we wouldn't have seen out of him last year.
I thought that confidence and calm really was one of his trademarks at the start of last season.
Specifically that he did not let a bad goal or goals put him down.

Reactions: McFlyingV

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
Honestly the only bad goal he let in was the first one. 2nd goal was a tip and the 3rd was a great shot by the best sniper in the league

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly the only bad goal he let in was the first one. 2nd goal was a tip and the 3rd was a great shot by the best sniper in the league
I just disagree with how he overplayed the tip shot because it was going about 2 feet wide. It's fine, no one's perfect and everyone makes mistakes, but a goalie should be anticipating that tip rather than opening up just to blocker away a shot that is already well wide of the net.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

There's nothing he could have done on the 2nd goal. That was a ridiculously good deflection by the GOAT goal scorer.

He's played as well as can be this season which is great but also worrisome because what happens if/when the goaltending normalizes?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The contract is what it is, but I'll say this (and I said this in the PGT), the organization chose right re: Koskinen v. Talbot.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
great signing by chia so far. man......holland leeching off chia and will take credit for chia's work.

Wellllllll

Im still happy Chia is gone. In life, you are not remembered for what you did good, its the bad they remember. I will never forgive the 1st and 2nd for Reinhart

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Definitely did not see this coming. Thought he would be better than he showed end of last year but not this good.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
There's nothing he could have done on the 2nd goal. That was a ridiculously good deflection by the GOAT goal scorer.

He's played as well as can be this season which is great but also worrisome because what happens if/when the goaltending normalizes?
What if this is the new normal?
:thumbu:

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
He played really well until christmas last year too so I'll wait to give him the vezina.

We need both him & Smith to keep it up for this team to be successful.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Big congrats to Koskinen! And only 1 of those goals I really blame on him, and another entirely on Russell being a f'n pos idiot, chasing the puck into the corner
leaving Ovechkin in his favorite camping spot on the point....wtf, I hope Tippet sits him down and makes him watch that play for the entire day on a loop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad