News: Mikko Koivu will not be re-signed by Minnesota

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
His defensive ability and occasional physical play make him a bad fit for Dubas. Spezza, who has no defensive ability and zero physical play is much more up Dubas' alley.

I guess that's why Dubas acquired Muzzin.

Anyways, I'd love to see Mikko in Toronto.

What about NYR? Could they be a player?

Reactions: grapes55

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
I get Matt Cullen vibes so possibly to the Penguins. JR wants to add a defensive center but wants to get younger. Half the Penguins board believes Blueger can be a 3C, half thinks he should stay as a 4C.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
If Minnesota has Johansson or Bjugstad in their top 6 at center they midas well tank the season.
Midas_Logo.png

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019

So, who needs a third/fourth line center? Koivu will join Jason Spezza and Joe Thornton as elder centers who could occupy a limited role on a younger squad. Guessing that Toronto may wind up with one of those three centers.

He was a meh player not surprising that Minny isn't resigning him, they seem to headed in a much different direction

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If Janmark decides to test free agency and head elsewhere, I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas add to their Finnish Mafia - if the price is right. :D

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Think he deserves to have his number retired by Minnesota.

I think he signs with either the Rangers, Lightning, Canucks or Stars.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Nonsense. We have Eriksson Ek, Johansson, Bjugstad, Rask and Sturm.
Eriksson Ek is a 3C, Johansson is better as a winger, Bjugstad is going to LTIR, Minnesota fans hate Rask, and then Sturm could be a 4c.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad