Player Discussion Mikko Koivu III

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not a bad year to call it quits, go back to Finland, and wait out this pandemic.:clap:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Weird and sad feeling. But I think Mikko is a man of principle. If he can't compete how he thinks he should.. not gonna be that joyrneyman who's dragging his line or teammates down

Huge respect, great career, no crown though.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
This was very similar to how Walz retired. Re-signed for a year and then realized a month in that he was done.

Congrats to Koivu on retirement. Just wish he did it here and avoided the whole deal with Columbus.

Reactions: W75 and TaLoN

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Best captain of team Finland ever in my opinion. He beat Saku Koivu by a slight margin on that. It will be interesting to see what he will do next.

If he didn't sell his house yet in Minnesota and bridges weren't burnt maybe he will be a part of Minnesota Wild in some other role than as a player. Otherwise he will probably be part of TPS' staff in Finland along with Saku or 3rd option is a role in the Finnish ice hockey federation.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't know that he would want to be working with Guerin, and in any event, he might want to go back to Finland. Maybe a job as a "team envoy" or something, that he can do in Europe. I would guess that he also would want to be wherever his family, or kids, are.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
It's a time to start considering retiring number 9 in Minnesota Wild.
But does Mikko Koivu deserve that honor that's another story.

Thanks for the great memories especially in Team Finland.
Happy retirement days for Mikko Koivu.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
It's a time to start considering retiring number 9 in Minnesota Wild.
But does Mikko Koivu deserve that honor that's another story.

Thanks for the great memories especially in Team Finland.
Happy retirement days for Mikko Koivu.
Yes, he does.

If he does not, then nobody in the Wild organization deserves it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad