Confirmed with Link: Mikko Koivu announces retirement

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Man I got nothing. I wish Koivu well but I really don’t know what to say about this.

Between this, Laine being benched, Torts in general just being a mystery and a myriad other bullshit things, not to mention my own personal issues I might honestly just take the rest of the season off. I’m really having a hard time getting psyched up for hockey this year.
I've had some feelings like that but haven't followed through because I have faith it's going to get better, and in the meantime I want an orderly house for folks to come back to.
Speaking of which, everybody is hereby forumbanned except for the following select list of proven loyalists:
...crap, I seem to have misplaced the list. Will get back to y'all.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I mean honestly. I work 50-60 hours a week, I have some health shit going on that’s not wonderful. I’m tired and cranky and hockey is supposed to be my relief from all that and all it’s doing right now is adding stress. I’d rather be doing something else quite frankly.
Hang in there Socks. Many of us are in similar boats, but your health stuff is the topper. Hockey is supposedly my outlet for stress too; not so much recently.
But your load is heavier than most right now - so enjoy the games when you can; when you don't, turn it off, just be sure to come back the next game. Rinse and repeat and you will find your way back to the love/hate relationship we all have with hockey and CBJ in particular.

Most of us do not know one another personally, other than our kindred spirit for CBJ and reading posts here. But somehow there is a bond amongst us anyway.
So I say again, not lightly: first and foremost Godspeed in getting your health issues resolved.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Hang in there Socks. Many of us are in similar boats, but your health stuff is the topper. Hockey is supposedly my outlet for stress too; not so much recently.
But your load is heavier than most right now - so enjoy the games when you can; when you don't, turn it off, just be sure to come back the next game. Rinse and repeat and you will find your way back to the love/hate relationship we all have with hockey and CBJ in particular.

Most of us do not know one another personally, other than our kindred spirit for CBJ and reading posts here. But somehow there is a bond amongst us anyway.
So I say again, not lightly: first and foremost Godspeed in getting your health issues resolved.
I appreciate this post more than I can tell you. It was another rough day and I’m just ready to call it a night and go to sleep. Your kind words made me smile and that goes a long way for me right now. Thank you!

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I've had some feelings like that but haven't followed through because I have faith it's going to get better, and in the meantime I want an orderly house for folks to come back to.
Speaking of which, everybody is hereby forumbanned except for the following select list of proven loyalists:
...crap, I seem to have misplaced the list. Will get back to y'all.

To be honest, things can't get much worse.

I mean, it's not like Laine and Jones have said they aren't going to re-sign and then asked to be traded.

*snort*

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
To be honest, things can't get much worse.

I mean, it's not like Laine and Jones have said they aren't going to re-sign and then asked to be traded.

*snort*
trouble.gif

Reactions: Halberdier

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Guys, I am sure everything is going to be better like a couple of weeks from now. Retirement of Koivu sucks as he did show a lot of positive signs on his game even if struggling to keep up with the speed (old guy + covid +?). Nash almost replaces Koivu anyway.

When Torts benched Laine for apparently nothing but an one bad shift out there it really seemed to be bad, doom and gloom. However, the outcome was the best possible: frustrated (of his own play) Laine said something stupid back to the assistant coach in the heat of the game. He has apologized that just like I know he would when the heated moment was gone.

You lost PLD, but you didn't lost that PO beast from the last season, but a disinterested, lazy PLD that did not get anything going anyway. I don't know if Roslovic can ever be better PO player than PLD, but this young season he has been like 10 times better than disinterested PLD.

This team is still finding their game with all the new guys. Also those old guys are starting to wake up: Foligno scored, Atkinson scored. Björkstrand is playing well. Goalies are super.

When they get the defensive play going (already mostly did on the last game), they will do alright.

Reactions: I3LI3

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Finland isnt a big country. Yesterday i heard some random guys who were talking about his retirement. They had played hockey with Mikko and somewhat knew him. They weren't surprised when I told I had once played golf with him. He retiring was quite a big news here :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad