Confirmed with Link: Mikko Koivu announces retirement

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Official club statement:

I mean, yeah, he wasn't setting the world on fire, but I liked him as a mentoring presence and he was doing a solid enough job. I guess he just holds himself to a higher standard. I hope he's willing/able to find some way to continue to help with our younger players here.

Reactions: Halberdier

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Jesus Murphy!
Official club statement:

I mean, yeah, he wasn't setting the world on fire, but I liked him as a mentoring presence and he was doing a solid enough job. I guess he just holds himself to a higher standard. I hope he's willing/able to find some way to continue to help with our younger players here.

Will anyone be shocked if he heads into coaching ?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Can we just have a normal couple of days lol
Normal? What are you talking about?͓̓ Th͓̖̿͘Is͓̓ ͇̝͉͌͂͡Í̹s ̬̗͌͗t̼͉̙̽̿̎HE͔̕ ̬̟̖̼̩͐̾̾͛̐n̼͇͇̥̠͛̃̀̇̚E̘̘͕͖͖̍͒̾̈́̀w̨͇̣̠̳͒̅̒̂͡ ̨̹̬̩̝̅̔̑̑͡N̨̡̻͔̱̿̾͂̊̂o̲̦͓͇͉̒̉̈́̎̑Ṙ̦̼̮̫̠͛͐͘͡ṃ̢̘͕̌̓̎͑̀͜a̧̢͓̯͌́͆̀͢͡L̹̯̹̖̯̿̾̎͗̍

Vapaatunnus

Feb 2, 2021
And Laine retires next. Or goes to play to KHL until CBJ trades him,btw Kurri did that to Edmonton. Went to play ro Italy.

Reactions: Mestaruus

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Maybe he really doesn't think he can hack it for another couple of months...but this coming on the heels of the head coach calling the team "disjointed on and off the ice" does not speak well of the room right now. He could have been the 13th F and collected the rest of his $1.5m and instead he wants to just go away. Again, it could be his competitive nature realizing he doesn't have it anymore, but man.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Koivu retiring was sort of expected, but I expected a quick trade to Minny (for FC only) first, especially with how few games he played for the Jackets. Dunno how the cap and stuff this year played into it. Still a weird ending to a career. Not that the Wild ever got their mitts on any silverware during his decade of captaincy, but regardless...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->