During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Expect to see him with duchene and Ryan

Boedker-Duchene-Ryan
Dzingel-Brown-Stone
Tkachuk/Zadina-Pageau-White

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Give him top minutes and then trade him at tdl. He’s 15 goals 50 point player if you give him top minutes. Some desperate team like Nashville could pay 1st for him if he’s in pace for 50-55 points. And you can always retain some of his salary.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
we saved some real dollars that can be allocated to other guys in need of contracts and we have a guy that has produced in the right situation in the past. give him some regular minutes and some PP time and he should be able to produce at 2nd line levels

regardless, happy to see Hoffman gone.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, if he scores 15 it will be a good season for the guy. We need to lower our expectations.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think the plan for Boedker is top minutes with Duchene, PP time and get his goals and stats up and trade him at the deadline - he could get a late 1st at the deadline

Reactions: Deku

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Pump him the entire season. Trade at deadline. Give him the full 2 minutes on the PP. every offensive zone start with duchene and stone.

This is what ARZ did when they moved him to COL.

I wouldn't expect us to move Boedker until his last season. He only makes 3M in real salary as a player who could potentially put up 40+ points for us if everything clicks.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I think the plan for Boedker is top minutes with Duchene, PP time and get his goals and stats up and trade him at the deadline - he could get a late 1st at the deadline

I don't think a late 1st is realistic. At the 2020 deadline when he is a pending UFA, I could see a 2nd and a B prospect, which is basically what COL paid for him a few years back when his stock was higher than it is now.

COL gave up a compensational late 2nd via sending an unsigned 1st round prospect that neither team wanted in Bleackly along with Kyle Wood who was a B level prospect.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I don't think a late 1st is realistic. At the 2020 deadline when he is a pending UFA, I could see a 2nd and a B prospect, which is basically what COL paid for him a few years back when his stock was higher than it is now.

COL gave up a compensational late 2nd via sending an unsigned 1st round prospect that neither team wanted in Bleackly along with Kyle Wood who was a B level prospect.

I’m feeling if Brassard got us a 1st and a top prospect and Tatar got a 1st ++, I hope Boedker gets a late 1st from a contending team

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I’m feeling if Brassard got us a 1st and a top prospect and Tatar got a 1st ++, I hope Boedker gets a late 1st from a contending team

Tatar was a consistent 20+ goal scorer with 3.5 seasons left on his deal. Brassard is a much better player than Boedker and plays a more valuable position.

It's okay if we agree to disagree, but I'd be very surprised if Boedker returned a late 1st for us at any point.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He was used as a 3rd liner in San Jose with ~14 minutes of ice time per game. His PPG with them was only 0.41 (34 pts per 82 games), which is quite good for 3rd line minutes. In Phoenix/Arizona, he was used as a Top-6 forward in his last 4 years there with ~18 minutes of ice time per game and as a result, his PPG was 0.61 (50 pts per 82 games). He's a very capable 2nd liner. Maybe he even tops that production if he's on a line with Duchene and Stone all year.

But personally, I'd still go like this :

Boedker-Duchene-Dzingel
Ryan-Pageau-Stone
Smith-Chlapik-White
Paajarvi-Paul-Pyatt
McCormick

• I'm assuming Gaborik goes on LTIR
  • Smith is there until traded, thought he would have been traded this summer to save money as he could be replaced by a younger/cheaper player, which coincides with all the other moves that have been made
  • I'm only assuming that White and Chlapik make the team, as they are the safer bets but that forward group could really be different depending on what happens with Brown, Tkachuk, Batherson, Formenton, etc.
  • I insist to have Ryan and Pageau with Stone because of past chemistry and Stone could really help those 2 produce, which would be huge
  • They need a few young guys to "arrive" and have an impact.
He has never scored 20 nevermind 30.

He's scored 25 goals in his last 2 seasons combined.

He had 14 goals in 45 games in 2014-15 though... but anyway he's not a goal scorer, which is unfortunately the case for everyone. It will have to be an offense by committee. Here's the goal totals I would expect based on the line-up I posted and assuming they all stay healthy all year (and of course, assuming they all play 82 games). In parenthesis, I added their goal paces from last year :

Stone ~25-30 goals (28)
Duchene ~25-30 goals (27)
Dzingel ~20-25 goals (24)
Boedker ~20 goals (17) (with 3rd line minutes)
Ryan ~20 goals (15)
Pageau ~15-20 goals (16)
Smith ~10-15 goals (6)
Chlapik ~10-15 goals (AHL)
White ~10-15 goals (AHL)
Paajarvi ~5 goals (8)
Paul ~5 goals (AHL)
Pyatt ~5 goals (7)
McCormick ~ 5 goals (8)

Last edited:

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I have a feeling that Boedker is a late bloomer and will be a pleasant surprise for Ottawa. Expect 20-22 goals next year if he gets top 6 minutes

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Boedker - Duchene - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan
Smith - White - Gaborik???
Pajaarvi - Paul - Pyatt/McCormick
- I expect that Pajaarvi & Pyatt to be traded by the deadline & one of Smith or Pageau & Gaborik to be bought out or placed on LTIR.

Chabot - EK
Wolanin - Ceci
Boro - Wideman/Harpur
- I expect that either EK or Wideman will be traded by the deadline or both.

Anderson - Condon - I hope that one of these guys are moved by the deadline.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I expect him to be solid, but not spectacular for us. Sometimes players don’t live up to expectations when they sign a big contract, but getting a fresh start somewhere else can be good for them. I think that’s what will happen with Boedker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->