Player Discussion Mikkel Boedker

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Expect a good 3rd liner. He can fill that role well. Only problem is this guy gets a lot of injuries, so projecting any kind of decent (40+) points level is a bit of a waste.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Boedker is a replacement for Smith who'll get shipped.

A rookie will play on the 1rst line wing IMO.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Hope not. Dzingel would be a better option. They might also try Ryan there again.

Imo

Zadina/Chlapik- Duchene - Dzingel
Ryan - Pageau - Stone
Boedker - White - Batherson/Chlapik
Paajarvi - Paul - Pyatt

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
His role was dramatically reduced playing Pete Deboer's system in SJ compared to Arizona and his short stint in Colorado. He averaged 4-5 minutes less a game in SJ.

The concern is that Boucher will probably deploy him similar to Deboer, but if he is given more minutes I think he can fill in admirably. I'm not expecting 20 goals from him, but I'd say 45 points is a best case scenario.
Top me that is border line top 6, ,,, I think Sparky is right on the Sens he will get the opportunity on the top 6 and will get PP time. I think he is a 3rd line player on most teams

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Imo

Zadina - Duchene - Dzingel
Ryan - Pageau - Stone
Boedker - White - Batherson
Paajarvi - Paul - Pyatt

That's rushing Zadina in a big way. How many kids come in and start their careers on the 1st line? A lot of 1st OA picks don't even do that, and Zadina simply isn't that quality of prospect. I like him, and he's my pick if still there, but the kid isn't going to flip this franchises fortunes.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Imo

Zadina - Duchene - Dzingel
Ryan - Pageau - Stone
Boedker - White - Batherson/Chlapik
Paajarvi - Paul - Pyatt

Not bad, but I’d line them up a bit differently

Dzingel Duchene Stone
Zadina Pageau Ryan
Boedker Chlapik White
Paajarvi Paul Pyatt

Wouldn’t mind upgrading that 4th line centre spot, and maybe even finding a cheap 3rd line centre on a short deal to let Chlapik develop more in the minors.

Reactions: Boud

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Montreal is taking Zadina. Someone tweeted that the Habs invited Zadina and Svechnikov to a reception at their hotel.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Montreal is taking Zadina. Someone tweeted that the Habs invited Zadina and Svechnikov to a reception at their hotel.

Why did they invite Svech then? Carolina already said they were taking him.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Could just be a play to get a team to trade up to get Zadina. At this point Montreal has been linked to a number of players could be a reaction to info getting leaked pre draft.

Reactions: derriko

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I wonder what Boedker thought when he learned that he was traded to Ottawa? Probably “oh shit, what did I do to deserve this!?”

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wonder what Boedker thought when he learned that he was traded to Ottawa? Probably “oh ****, what did I do to deserve this!?”
Word is that SJ wanted him gone and were not thrilled by his production / salary... They are positioning themselves to land a big fish

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
That's rushing Zadina in a big way. How many kids come in and start their careers on the 1st line? A lot of 1st OA picks don't even do that, and Zadina simply isn't that quality of prospect. I like him, and he's my pick if still there, but the kid isn't going to flip this franchises fortunes.

Nobody is asking him to score 40 goals.

He can definitely play in the NHL next year, give him quality linemates and favourable matchups and everything is fine.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
He should get top 6 minutes with our current group of forwards, if the season started tomorrow, He's up there in skating with Dzingel and Pageau, can play both wings.

Last edited:

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
That's straight up sad.

Boedker in the top 6 lmao this is where we're at.
It's mostly based on a bunch of forwards that I think should be in our bottom 6.

McCormick/Paajarvi/Burrows/Pyatt/Smith/Gaborik

Debatable on Pageau and Ryan, pageau was our checking centre but hes not with Brassard gone. Then they have to decide on making room for Brown/White/Chlapik or Formenton.

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
Like Boedker as a player and think he'll fit in fairly well here.

But he is overpaid for the type of player he is, and he should not be the centerpiece return for 25-30 goal scorer.

Soooooo frustrating.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Seemed pretty consistent prior to moving to SJ

12-13 (22 yrs old): 44.5 pts pace
13-14 (23 yrs old): 51 pts pace
14-15 (24 yrs old): 51 pts pace
15-16 (25 yrs old): 52 pts pace

He got a lot more opportunity in Arz and Col, he'll get that here too, but our system might not be conducive to him scoring more than ~40 pts.

I get to see a lot of western conference hockey out here in Alberta and I think that Boedker is tailor made for this current system. At least the 200ft part of it anyway. He and Karlsson could have some good chemistry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->