Mikkel Boedker emerging from the pack in Phoenix Coyotes’ 2008 draft class

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

For the third consecutive year, the Phoenix Coyotes drafted in the top 10 picks in 2008. The Coyotes now have two players from the 2008 draft who are making the most of their opportunities in the NHL, while a couple more are finding their way at the AHL level.

Mikkel Boedker, LW, Kitchener Rangers (OHL) – 1st round, 8th overall
NHL Games Played: 234

After putting up 73 points as an OHL rookie during his draft year, Mikkel Boedker made the Phoenix Coyotes roster right out of training camp in 2008. Playing on a young Coyotes team that featured other rookies such as Peter Mueller and Daniel Winnik, Boedker finished the season with 28 points in 78 games.… read more

More...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Horrible draft. Good article. Still wouldn't start a new paragraph with "He" like you did under Stone. ;)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Horrible draft. Good article. Still wouldn't start a new paragraph with "He" like you did under Stone. ;)

Wouldn't say that just yet.

I think a few of them are starting to show what they are made of, incl Boedker.

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
If he's ever going to break out, he needs to start being more selfish and do things himself. Being stuck on a line with Doan and Vermette isn't helping any, but he needs to stop being pass first and unleash that awesome shot he has. Someone tell him that a pass to Doan or Vermette is a wasted opportunity.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
He's actually been playing on the Hanzal-Vrby line this season, which recently has been the Korpi-Hanzal line with Vrby out. Sullivan is on the Doan-Vermette line.

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
He's actually been playing on the Hanzal-Vrby line this season, which recently has been the Korpi-Hanzal line with Vrby out. Sullivan is on the Doan-Vermette line.
?
Vrbata has been out for a month. Tippet favors pairs. Hanzal-Vrbata is one, but now the lines have been all kinds of strange with no Vrby. Seems I've noticed a whole lot of Boedker with Doan and Vermette, but I could be wrong.

mitch27

Sep 6, 2009
Windsor, Ontario

Damn. Old habits die hard. Will try to fix that next time.

Regarding Boedker: I missed the last couple games, but from what I've seen lately he's been with Hanzal. Korpikoski and Sullivan have kind of been flip-flopping with each other on the other side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad