Mikhail Stefanovich.. The next Kostitsyn?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Mikhail Stefanovich...Any of you guys have more info on this guy? He was ripping it up in the pre tourny games for Belarus. He just potted 2G and 1A in the 4-3 Belarus win over Finland.

The guy has good size at 6 Foot 2 and 203 pounds. He's also a late '89 birth date so he actually just turned 18 at the end of Novermber.

He could be a prospect to watch at this year's WJC. I'll be following Kosty Jr. so i'll make sure to keep an eye on this guy as well. Too bad no Belarus games will be on TV here...

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I hope he keeps it up. Anyone know where he's projected to go..currently?

Boston

Captain Chara
Oct 3, 2005
Mikhail Stefanovich.. The next Kostitsyn?
---------------------------------------------

Well that isn't anything to get excited about. I think Kostitsyn may be the most over hyped prospect around. Nothing against the Habs..but compared to the other prospects that are so much better than him, he gets way more praise

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Currently has 6+6 in 29 games in the Belarus league. Not bad for someone a month away from being a '90.

Kostitsyn isn't even in the NHL yet; how can you compare anyone to him if he's still not developped?

He's likely comparing them as prospects. Kostsitsyn seemed to come on the radar from nowhere at the 2003 World Juniors, playing extremely well on a weak Belarus team. I remember tjat the posters who watched Belarus all mentioned how terrific Kostsitsyn, whose name had barely come up on these boards before, was playing and how he was carrying the team. Stefanovich(sic?) perhaps has the chance to do the same, albeit for 2008.

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
I expect him to go high in the offseason CHL Import Draft hopefully a strong team takes him and brings him in

hopefully to the London Knights, since Siarhei will be gone, one Belarussian superstar to replace another:)

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Hey, I'd love that... hopefully Sergei 'Billy' Kostitsyn is saying good things to him. I wish Danny Syvrets dad wasn't watching his kid play in the spengler cup and spent time at the world juniors to do some recruiting. Billy loves it in London if any other Belarussians hear that all good things.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Kostitsyn isn't even in the NHL yet; how can you compare anyone to him if he's still not developped?[/QUOTE

I meant that in the sense of him being the next highly touted belorussian...they both came out of nowhere at the WJC...thats it, comparison ends there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad