Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
When he was in junior, Yzerman stated he believed Drouin should be a C, so he spent his last year of junior playing C. We experimented with it briefly in the A, but then abandoned it. He's played either wing since.

There will be nights where he's the single reason you watch. Under the MTL spotlight, he's going to be recognized as one of the most, if not the most, exciting players in the league. I can't even remember all the times he did something where my reaction was, "I have never seen that done in the NHL before."

I can't believe we traded him inside the division. I can only imagine what kind of chip he's going to have on his shoulder in MTL-TB games. It's gonna get... ... ...Ugly.

Excited to see where Drouin ends up playing for us, and very interesting trade between division rivals.

Serg definitely has monster upside. Few hockey players his size can skate, dangle, and shoot the puck like he can- let alone defencemen. If his development goes perfectly he could be another PK Subban.

Will be fun to see them go toe to toe!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why does everyone want to put Coburn on the right? We have 4 natural righties on the team and Coburn played his best last year on the left with either Stralman or Sustr, no reason to put him on the right.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
When he was in junior, Yzerman stated he believed Drouin should be a C, so he spent his last year of junior playing C. We experimented with it briefly in the A, but then abandoned it. He's played either wing since.

There will be nights where he's the single reason you watch. Under the MTL spotlight, he's going to be recognized as one of the most, if not the most, exciting players in the league. I can't even remember all the times he did something where my reaction was, "I have never seen that done in the NHL before."

I can't believe we traded him inside the division. I can only imagine what kind of chip he's going to have on his shoulder in MTL-TB games. It's gonna get... ... ...Ugly.

:sarcasm:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
17-18 defense

Hedman - Dotchin
Koekkoek - Stralman
Coburn - Sustr
Girardi

Unless Sergachev kills it no need to put him in the lineup, he was a bit overwhelmed last year in his 4 games with Montreal, still think another year is best. Unless we have injuries I don't see any rookie callups, if we needed a call up I believe McBain would be it.

18-19
Hedman - Dotchin
Sergachev - Stralman
Koekkoek - Coburn
Girardi

Sustr is a UFA and goes elsewhere, Sergachev takes his spot. If Koekkoek is legit than he stays in the top 4 if not Sergachev goes up. This is where I see Thomas, Cernak and Masin getting some looks. Girardi and Coburn won't be back next year so we give a few callups to see what we have in the system.

19-20
Hedman - Dotchin
Sergachev - Cernak
Koekkoek - Thomas
Masin

This lineup looks completely young and raw but in 3 years should be polished and full of great skaters. Foote could even be pushing Thomas or Cernak for a spot as well as Hajek. These lineups are all dependant on Dotchin keeping up with Hedman and being a good partner while Koekkoek is a 4/5 type defender.

I think a Sergachev - Cernak and Hajek - Foote pairings are going to be the backbone of our defense. Hedman will be still doing his thing with any partner they put next to him but those 4 youngsters are the core to making us a top defense in the league.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
On the Tampa NHL site they have Sergachev wearing #98. In camp he just wore #12. Can anyone confirm he is wearing #98 full-time?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
They might have just given him his birth year as a placeholder.

I'm not sure. It was 22 (his Montreal number) right after the trade, then they updated to 98 this week. Drouin was 27 at first then 72 (after press conference) and now 92, which is his new number officially. Also, they updated Hamonic on the Flames to 24.

98 looks a lot cooler than 31. What is he, a goalie?

98 is cool number. He wore 31 in Windsor and 22 in Montreal. He was wearing 12 for Bolts in prospect camp.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
He might have decided to not only match his birth year, but to be like his Russian colleagues (86, 88, 90) and wear a high number.

BTW, Budaj already wears #31 for the Bolts.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What do you guys think, does he play 40+ games with TB this year? Not going to say yes because SY likes to develop these guys for long periods, also he will like having that extra 2nd round pick, but I say that if he's ready to play in the NHL then he should play. Especially if he's one of the best 7 we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->