Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Many Russian names have diminutives that are for use by relatives and friends only e.g. Vladimir becomes Volodya, Viktor becomes Vika, Aleksandr becomes Sasha, Mikhail becomes Misha.

EDIT: Since you bring up Rexxar, LS, I think interestingly that there is a diminutive for bears that is similar. Masha? Perhaps geoo9 or kshadoo will help me remember.

In Russian fairytales a bear is always being named Mikhail for some reason, so the bear diminutive is Misha too. :)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Hoping he can make the team. If that's the case you know he's made a good enough impression to do so and that only helps our team.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I'll say it again. Sergachev has a good chance to make the team. The absolute consensus is that he has nothing left to learn in the Juniors, so sending him back to the OHL would be a wasted development year, a near man toying with kids. That being said, jumping from the Juniors to the NHL is quite a leap, no one denies that, but in the end they could manage his ice time quietly, let him watch a handful of games from the pressbox, play him 7D for a while, get used to the NHL pace, the lockeroom, the persistent travels and the hotel life, just to get his feet wet.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
That being said, jumping from the Juniors to the NHL is quite a leap, no one denies that, but in the end they could manage his ice time quietly, let him watch a handful of games from the pressbox, play him 7D for a while, get used to the NHL pace, the lockeroom, the persistent travels and the hotel life, just to get his feet wet.

And get that 2nd round pick :handclap:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'll say it again. Sergachev has a good chance to make the team. The absolute consensus is that he has nothing left to learn in the Juniors, so sending him back to the OHL would be a wasted development year, a near man toying with kids. That being said, jumping from the Juniors to the NHL is quite a leap, no one denies that, but in the end they could manage his ice time quietly, let him watch a handful of games from the pressbox, play him 7D for a while, get used to the NHL pace, the lockeroom, the persistent travels and the hotel life, just to get his feet wet.

Agree. We don't need to play him every game, but he needs NHL experience. If he's ready to go then we need him to play. We could really use his size and skill on a 3rd pairing.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Either he is the biggest troll around or he has to be the fastest at learning English I've seen in the league based on what he said at/prior to the draft.

Both the accent and vocabulary are good. Malkin's is pretty bad all around and Ovechkin got the vocabulary but he talks with moss in his mouth and they have been in the league for like 10 years.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Send him to junior to play the left side. He played the right side even though he shoots left, we prefer they play the side they shoot. With Foote and the other RD, we have depth on both sides so he can try the left to see how it goes, and we get a 2nd round pick.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
It would be the Caps second round pick which will likely be a late second (but not too late lmaooooo) so I don't much give a **** about losing it if he fills the need on the blueline.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Just from the little I've seen yesterday and today I'd say he actually has a chance to make it. He was one of the more polished and competent players out there. Plus he has speed. He was doing the power skating almost as strong and fast and smooth as Cernak who'd been doing it with us for a couple years.

Very smart too.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Just from the little I've seen yesterday and today I'd say he actually has a chance to make it. He was one of the more polished and competent players out there. Plus he has speed. He was doing the power skating almost as strong and fast and smooth as Cernak who'd been doing it with us for a couple years.

Very smart too.

We didn't get Cernak until midseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->