Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He's actually not that bad of a skater.. especially given his size.
Yeah - of all the things I rag on him for, his skating isn't his issue. He is soft as butter on the boards and apparently has dementia because he can't remember what he's supposed to be doing out there half the time. I mean - he's not going to beat most of the players on this team in a race, but we happen to have 5 really amazing skating Dmen on this squad (Hedman, Stralman, Sergachev, Koekkoek, and Coburn) - but he's faster than Girardi at least.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Let's not be stupid, Drouin won't even come close to busting. He's on Pace for 56 points playing 1st line center for an inept offense, at worse he stays a 55-60 pt forward. When they inevitably move him back to wing he'll perform even better. They still get a first line player in return just not the center they wanted.
You did not comprehend the points of my post. I did not say Drouin would bust. I said that it makes no difference if Drouin would bust or not, its the great play of Sergachev that will define that trade as a great trade. We all know what Drouin is- he is a specialty player who excels in PP situations regardless of whether he plays center or forward. In 5v5, Drouin has limitations that will likely keep him from becoming a great player. If he is played a wing, Drouin could be very good scoring wing. If Canadiens insist on playing him at Center, he will be no better than an average hockey player.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
He's a 22 year old first line player with upside, like I said at worse he's performing as a 55~ point player which is far from a bust or tip this trade in historic scale. It was a bad trade from a positional standpoint and getting worse with hindsight, but nowhere near trades such as Conacher for Bishop (which still isn't near the top in terms of bad trades).

I kinda misunderstood your previous post, my apologies. I mixed up him being disappointment with a failure for some reason (sleep deprivation I guess) and that's not the same thing. I agree with what you said here.

Reactions: Sky04

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The goal-scoring is really promising, I think, because he doesn't really have a set way to score. It's more of an instinct. We've seen him score a number of different ways already.

Agreed. He's scoring goals from everywhere, including driving the net and getting up in the play, sometimes even starting the play. He's very impress so far this season with his offence.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
So Tampa replaces Drouin with talented little buggers named Point and Gourde and end up stealing a future, elite #1 defenseman in Sergachev lol. He's an impact player at 19 - wait until he's a 6-4, 230 pound beast at 24 years old and has the league figured out.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
So Tampa replaces Drouin with talented little buggers named Point and Gourde and end up stealing a future, elite #1 defenseman in Sergachev lol. He's an impact player at 19 - wait until he's a 6-4, 230 pound beast at 24 years old and has the league figured out.
The current thing I'm curious to see play out as it relates to this is how much Sergachev's prime overlaps with Hedman's.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
The current thing I'm curious to see play out as it relates to this is how much Sergachev's prime overlaps with Hedman's.

It has made our window of opportunity to be that much wider. Kid has number 1 potential. Once Hedman starts winding down and we need to reduce his Minutes, Sergachev should be a bonafide number 1. It's almost too good to be true.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
It has made our window of opportunity to be that much wider. Kid has number 1 potential. Once Hedman starts winding down and we need to reduce his Minutes, Sergachev should be a bonafide number 1. It's almost too good to be true.

The more I read about this kid, the more I love him! lol The future definitely looks very bright with Sergachev as Hedman's eventual successor, but I'm thinking of the more immediate future with our top two pairings BOTH being able to do serious damage to opposing teams. I think their two primes will have enough of an overlap to be downright scary to the rest of the NHL. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->