Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Keller, Boeser, McAvoy and Barzal - I thought Butcher had a bigger gap in points but Sergachev is only 1 behind with more goals, I guess you could slot him in as a top-5 I think the other 4 have stronger cases though.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'd actually put McAvoy on top of everyone, playing 23 minutes a night as a rookie is no small feat. I don't think the others have distanced themselves from Serg.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Let the individual decorative objets to the other teams. Sergachev is a quality asset to the team and that's all we need to know.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
That is one dang amazing kid! Some Habs fans were saying that he had a big ego but in every interview he's given, Sergachev has been very humble. Confident in his skills, yes, but still knowing that he's got a lot more to learn. I noticed during Development Camp that he was actually harder on himself than the coaches at times. He really wants to be the best and is willing to work very hard to get there. He learns so dang fast!

And I really like what he says - not just in this interview but in others as well - about playing with and learning from Strålman. :D

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So bad play on the PP aside, I thought his game against Pitt was fantastic. He looked really good in the Dzone and on the rush (stuck defending a 3 on 1 at one point and deflecting the cross-ice pass out of trouble stands out, as does him shadowing Crosby and giving him the business in the corner in one shift - keeping him to the outside and preventing any chance). He just keeps getting better.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
So bad play on the PP aside, I thought his game against Pitt was fantastic. He looked really good in the Dzone and on the rush (stuck defending a 3 on 1 at one point and deflecting the cross-ice pass out of trouble stands out, as does him shadowing Crosby and giving him the business in the corner in one shift - keeping him to the outside and preventing any chance). He just keeps getting better.
Lol, the Crosby stuff was great. You could literally feel the hatred pouring out of Serg. What a trade, what a trade.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Koekkoek also had a really good game. Probably the first one all season where I thought he looked good all over the ice.

He also had a great 1v1 against Crosby. Stayed with him for a solid 10 seconds and made a great read to get his stick in the passing lane just as Crosby tried to wheel the puck in front.

emg0827

Apr 4, 2015
definitely agree he's got the offensive instinct to do it imo and as great as hedman is he's never been the best on pp with stamkos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad