Value of: Mikhail Sergachev to Chicago

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Offseason move after Tampa extends Point. Whats the cost? Hawks are willing to leverage cap space to take on cap dumps and have picks and RHDs like Henri Jokiharju, Ian Mitchell, etc to consider moving in a package deal.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
No chance. We will find the money to sign him.

Jokiharju or Boqvist would have to be included in any deal though. Maybe a small sweetener or picks to balance out both sides.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
No chance. We will find the money to sign him.

Jokiharju or Boqvist would have to be included in any deal though. Maybe a small sweetener or picks to balance out both sides.

Jokiharju + 2nd for Sergachev + Callahan (or potentially some other player you want off books)

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Don't think there's a deal to be made. Serge actually kind of came back down to earth a bit this year. Tampa can likely get him at a really reasonable bridge. Don't see the point in selling on him now unless he can return something stupid.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Sergachev for Boqvist+ could be smart from the Lightning. they are strong on the left side for a while still, they flip serg for an cost control RHD.

all depends how they feel about foote and boqvist!

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Sergachev for Boqvist+ could be smart from the Lightning. they are strong on the left side for a while still, they flip serg for an cost control RHD.

Sort of the thought process here. Hawks need another young, top 4 LHD with top pair potential and they have a few top 4 RHD prospects in Boqvist, Mitchell and Jokiharju that will be on cheap ELCs for a few more years. Hawks have added luxury of abundance of cap space to take on a contract as well.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Sort of the thought process here. Hawks need another young, top 4 LHD with top pair potential and they have a few top 4 RHD prospects in Boqvist, Mitchell and Jokiharju that will be on cheap ELCs for a few more years. Hawks have added luxury of abundance of cap space to take on a contract as well.
Serge prefers to play on the right side. We have been using him accordingly for the majority of the season.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

It would definatly be interesting for Tampa approaching the expansion draft. With some many good forwards to protect, I doubt they go 8+1. Which means they would protect Hedman, McDonagh and Sergachev. Cal Foote would then be exposed. Boqvist wouldn't need protection and fits Tampa's style IMO.

For the same reasons, I don't see Chicago doing the deal. For them it would mean losing Jokiharju/Sergachev since they have to protect Keith and Seabrook (both have NMC)...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It would definatly be interesting for Tampa approaching the expansion draft. With some many good forwards to protect, I doubt they go 8+1. Which means they would protect Hedman, McDonagh and Sergachev. Cal Foote would then be exposed. Boqvist wouldn't need protection and fits Tampa's style IMO.

For the same reasons, I don't see Chicago doing the deal. For them it would mean losing Jokiharju/Sergachev since they have to protect Keith and Seabrook (both have NMC)...
I expect us to go 4 4 actually, or make a side deal with Seattle. Protect Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, and whoever, plus McD, Hedman, Serge, and Cernak. Forwards 5-10 on Tampa are pretty equivalent, so losing the 5th best (say Palat?) Wouldn't be much worse than losing Joseph. Honestly it would probably free up a bit of cap.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

Only way you get him is for Boqvist. The Bolts aren't going to just help the Hawks.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Bolts haven't iced a sub 6' defender in like a decade, don't see Boqvist as a target. Sergachev is pretty much the ideal physical speciman for the Lightning.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
As far as the expansion draft is concerned the Lightning will definitely be protecting Hedman and Cernak, and assuming his development continues without major stagnation Sergachev will be protected as well. If McDonagh is still playing at a high level and/or Foote has shown us something there’s a good chance we’ll go 8 and 1, as our more expensive complementary forwards will be getting on in years by that point and unless some young forwards come in and make themselves more valuable than McD and Foote it really won’t matter which of our non-top four forwards we lose.

We could also choose to expose McDonagh along with our higher-priced complementary forwards while protecting all our cheap players of note to maximize the likelihood of getting some cap relief regardless of who is taken - it all depends on how everyone is playing and what our cap situation looks like at that point.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I expect us to go 4 4 actually, or make a side deal with Seattle. Protect Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, and whoever, plus McD, Hedman, Serge, and Cernak. Forwards 5-10 on Tampa are pretty equivalent, so losing the 5th best (say Palat?) Wouldn't be much worse than losing Joseph. Honestly it would probably free up a bit of cap.
My point was, I wouldn't give up Boqvist for Serg before the expansion draft if I were the Hawks.

Reactions: Sinbad and montreal

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Because the Hawks could accelerate their progress by trading a young D for a young D just a few years more developed, and because Tampa would save some money, which they need to do. That's why.

You don’t save money by trading a guy with a year left on his ELC and you don’t ship out your top young talent to save cap space. Serg isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Sergachev is penciled in as Hedman's parner next year. Only way he becomes available is Bolts get Karlson in the off season, and Sergachev or Foote could be traded for a large haul of picks /prospects, with a cap dump.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Sergachev is penciled in as Hedman's parner next year. Only way he becomes available is Bolts get Karlson in the off season, and Sergachev or Foote could be traded for a large haul of picks /prospects, with a cap dump.

Actually the only way we could realistically afford Karlsson would be to trade both McDonagh and Gourde before their new contracts kick in, so in that scenario I imagine we’d probably keep Serg, move him back to the left, and hope that he can be successful on that side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad