Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Praise

U0uEbDa.png

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I watched the Habs game last night and drouin does not look great. He whiffed hard on a SO goal that could have ended the game. I am so glad Yzerman stole Sergachev.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Especially when you consider Yzerman waited out the tantrum, let Drouin have a big post season, and then traded him as if he'd never gone home.

We got Sergachev for a guy who WENT HOME AND REFUSED TO PLAY. How is that even real?
Yeah, of all the things Yzerman did, his handling of this problem child might've just been the most impressive. I remember wanting to just get rid of him at the deadline that season but I guess that's why Yzerman is there and I'm not.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Especially when you consider Yzerman waited out the tantrum, let Drouin have a big post season, and then traded him as if he'd never gone home.

We got Sergachev for a guy who WENT HOME AND REFUSED TO PLAY. How is that even real?

To give credit where it's due, Bergevin is the one who instigated the Drouin trade. We were all ready to move to forward with Drouin after his 2016 playoffs but MB called up Yzerman and wanted him badly.

It's not like we shopped Drouin after his tantrum and ended up with that offer, they were just like here take Sergachev.... and a conditional pick, thanks MB.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Lost all the progress he made this season and reverted back to last season form. Coughing up the puck at the slightest sign of pressure, no urgency, lack of physicality and terrible puck decisions in the offensive zone.

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
I’m hearing some teams might try to offer sheet him this off season
You will be hearing a lot of this noise but the player still has to accept the offer and with a flat cap a lot of competitive teams won't have the space for him. I just don't see sergachev taking an extra mil or even 2 to play for another franchise.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Sergachev and Hedman are head and shoulders above other Tampa defenders offensively

Not really, Hedman is heads and shoulders above everyone. Sergachev is being outscored by Kevin Shattenkirk who doesn't play as many PP minutes and Ryan McDonagh has 2 less points in 3 less games.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Points don't reflect everything. Hedman and Sergachev are clearly the best offensive dmen on this team, Both can create scoring chances out of nothing. You can see Sergachev needs more playoffs seasoning but he's getting better in the Islanders series.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Sergachev has not seperated himself from Shattenkirk in terms of offense...

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Sergachev has not seperated himself from Shattenkirk in terms of offense...

Sergachev also just turned 22.

In fact, serg has outscored hedman in point and point/game at similar age every year so far. Not saying he will ever get to hedmans current level offensively, but that's still quite the fete. Most dmen aren't in the nhl until 21 or 22. Serg has 3 seasons under his belt between 19-21 years old where he's paced 35 points/82 games. It's pretty rare.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Sergachev also just turned 22.

In fact, serg has outscored hedman in point and point/game at similar age every year so far. Not saying he will ever get to hedmans current level offensively, but that's still quite the fete. Most dmen aren't in the nhl until 21 or 22. Serg has 3 seasons under his belt between 19-21 years old where he's paced 35 points/82 games. It's pretty rare.

There are like 50 defenseman who outscored Hedman at the same age, that doesn't mean anything considering Hedman developed slowly, not sure why people always use age comparisons when everyone knows all players develop differently.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
serge played well last night, but you can just see that he's still young. watching him try to body radulov and just bouncing off of him is indicative of someone that needs to fill out more and learn how to play physical.

this series is huge for his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->