Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev - Part 2

copperlion

Aug 6, 2019
The 21 year old 6’2 220 pound Russian defenseman who is on track for .5 PPG with a healthy +/-? Trade him back to the Habs for Drouin... Please?

not gonna lie, I was originally disappointed that we traded drouin but after seeing how the last few years have worked out I will definitely say: Hell no

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
not gonna lie, I was originally disappointed that we traded drouin but after seeing how the last few years have worked out I will definitely say: Hell no
I know a lot of Habs fans who would rather have Sergachev. They were very high on him at the time of the Drouin trade as well. Their D would look very interesting right now if they had Sergachev.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Look how he manhandled Compher AND the linesman. Only 21, already strong as a bull and developing a mean streak on top of that. He reminds me more & more of a vintage nasty SOB.

I don't want to see him getting overconfident and fight the wrong dude tho. If he remains patient, he could become one of the most feared dman in 3-4 years, but not yet. That being said, I love the fact that he's developing a different playing style to Hedman. This only can be good for the team.

I love it too. And he seems to be able to handle himself so far. I worry that he’ll get into it with the wrong guy though

My thoughts, exactly.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Hot damn, the dude is way stronger than he looks. He absolutely manhandles guys out there
he really has been playing WAYYYY heavier after the fight he hits a ton more now too and he knocks people out of skates

like a week ago he hit a guy into the other teams bench no one said nothing and i was just like in awe of it but thats sergy hes growing up everytime i see him now i think drago

i will break you

he has a lot of konstantinov in his game he might actually wind up better then hedman he has that much with the growth we are seeing

kid has really changed 100% from last year but he is history wise at this point in career? better then hedman i cannot predict where he is in 5 years all can do now is hope

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
He's great. I think he needs to keep his stick on the ice though. He picks it up too much when he could be keeping it in passing lanes. Obviously he's still young and growing and learning but he's a beast.

I know we need to bridge most of our RFAs but I wouldn't be opposed to us giving a long-term deal to any of sergachev cernak or cirelli if they wanted the security and it came at the right price. We might be able to afford going long term with one of the three of them, and bridges at reduced rates for the other two with our cap crunch.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The only one of those guys who would take a long term deal is Cernak, the other 2 would be better off taking bridges and gambling on themselves in 2-3 years for a much higher number

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
The only one of those guys who would take a long term deal is Cernak, the other 2 would be better off taking bridges and gambling on themselves in 2-3 years for a much higher number

Maybe. But there's always some risk on their end. They could regress however unlikely (Gourde) or get injured. The security of a long-term deal can be appealing too.

If I were JBB I would feel them out. We can probably only afford to give one of them a long-term deal, we need the cap savings on bridge deals for at least two of them barring some big trades to get rid of contracts.

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
After watching Serg in the first few months after the trade, I said I thought he could be a Norris trophy level defenseman! Many on this board thought that was foolish talk. I still believe that Serg is headed down the NT pathway. His advancement on D has been phenomenal this year and I think all of the attention he has paid to his own end has cost him some Ozone development. But he is doing what this team needs and with Hedman and Shattenkirk already here, he has been needed more to shine on the back end. If and when he gets first PP time, his point totals would explode and probably be higher than Hedman's. He has a more accurate shot than Hedman, that wrister he takes can be lethal with how quick he gets it off and that dipsy move he does at the top of the circles still has not been figured out by opponents! He has to continue to see the ice better (hedman is so great at this now) but he is clearly working at his game to get better real fast. He is now our second best defenseman and should start getting Norris votes in a couple of years!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The 21 year old 6’2 220 pound Russian defenseman who is on track for .5 PPG with a healthy +/-? Trade him back to the Habs for Drouin... Please?
Hello CP, I came here to post the same thing but you beat me to it lol. I watched the Leafs and Tampa last night and I was very impressed with Sergachev, what a damn fool Bergevin was to do that deal! We had no LD and he gave up our future 1D for a pouty little winger that has not been very impressive.

Tampa fans, I enjoyed watching Serg, he is really developing nicely.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Hello CP, I came here to post the same thing but you beat me to it lol. I watched the Leafs and Tampa last night and I was very impressed with Sergachev, what a damn fool Bergevin was to do that deal! We had no LD and he gave up our future 1D for a pouty little winger that has not been very impressive.

Tampa fans, I enjoyed watching Serg, he is really developing nicely.
If you were impressed by him last game, you should see what he's like when he's not playing like shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad