Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev - Part 2

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
We have a cool little Russian mafia on the team. It seems like they're very loyal to each other. I think we'll give Serg a good contract, but one that will give Leaf fans aneurysms. Who's the last Leaf that made such a loyal statement? David Clarkson?
Just missed Gusev and we were all set. To see the Kuch-Goose Broship together on the PP was a dream of mine.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Did he mention anything about the taxes? :sarcasm:

Really though, other than money, is there a reason to leave? As Espo said, the weather's great. The location's great. The team is full of great people and great players, and is consistently one of the strongest in the league. The players love Jeff Vinik. Pat Maroon was on spittin chicklets, and was talking up Coop. The building is full every night, and the fans and media don't kill you like they do in other markets. As far as I can see, Sergachev's living the dream.
So much this!

Fans still idolize you and sell out every game but you can actually live your life and go to a grocery store. Media won't shit all over you and claim the sky is falling after one bad game (cough toronto cough). Plus the team is in a good situation to win and continue to win for years

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

bUt He HaS tO pLaY iN sYrAcUsE aNd EaRn HiS rOsTeR sPoT fIrSt!

Glad it was worth it to treat the best non-NHL talent since Panarin in his early 20's like a fringe 4th rounder. Thanks for over-thinking it Steve! THANK f***ING GOD we didn't take that chance. That would've just been too risky. When you're dealing with a talent like that who dominated the 2nd best league in the world you better make DAMN SURE he pays his dues because the AHL is the only place to be absolutely sure!!!

Last edited:

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Amazing how people have changed their minds - I remember most of this forum trashing Serg only a year ago and saying that he would never amount to much. I think it was I and maybe one other person who were the only ones defending him.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Sergachev seems to be a very affable guy. He visited my workplace with Vasi last year and was making the most of it goofing around with fans. He's always the last one off for warmups and tosses a puck to the crowd as he steps off. Definitely loves playing here from what I can tell. But it's still a business so we'll see how far that goes with his agent as well.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Sergachev seems to be a very affable guy. He visited my workplace with Vasi last year and was making the most of it goofing around with fans. He's always the last one off for warmups and tosses a puck to the crowd as he steps off. Definitely loves playing here from what I can tell. But it's still a business so we'll see how far that goes with his agent as well.

Once we lock him long term (soon), I say we get Cigar City to make a Russian vodka style ale called "Serge's Surge Ale"...I'll buy 20 cases tomorrow.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Why Y'll jesting like Stanley Cup Winners ???

25QT.gif

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
This sounds... odd. Better off with kvass anyways: Liquid Bread: Brewers Experiment with Kvass

Kvass isn’t bad but it’s sort of like an undercarbonated, somewhat beer-flavored soft drink. It’s one thing if you grew up with it but otherwise I think most adults would rather just have a real beer; as for young people even in Russia kvass was overtaken in popularity by American sodas once they became available there.

IMO the novelty of it being a Russian drink previously uncommon in most of North America is the real selling point - if it was marketed as a non-alcoholic beer nobody would care about it.

Reactions: DaBolts

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Amazing how people have changed their minds - I remember most of this forum trashing Serg only a year ago and saying that he would never amount to much. I think it was I and maybe one other person who were the only ones defending him.
It's not like he hasn't massively improved in a span of a year on the defensive side of things. He still has growing pains, be we can also see the writing on the wall. Core getting older, we have 2 good young defenseman to build around, of course we would want to sign him now.

Reactions: Loki Dekker

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
It's not like he hasn't massively improved in a span of a year on the defensive side of things. He still has growing pains, be we can also see the writing on the wall. Core getting older, we have 2 good young defenseman to build around, of course we would want to sign him now.

It's a 2 way street. Sure he massively improved defensively this year but you can't expect a sophomore Dman to peak at 21. There's a lot of knowledge in this place, but HF Tampa lacks the capacity to accept any delay without getting upset.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
This exactly of the three the two defensmen are the critical names to get on a contract. Now that Hall is gone things should fall into place over the next 72 hours there should be some closure to all this madness.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
It's a 2 way street. Sure he massively improved defensively this year but you can't expect a sophomore Dman to peak at 21. There's a lot of knowledge in this place, but HF Tampa lacks the capacity to accept any delay without getting upset.
How dare you suggest we have no patience with this idiot Brisebois!

Reactions: Loki Dekker

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Not sure if anyone’s watched the Mic’d Up/Wired for Sound videos on YouTube but they caught this classic exchange between Serg and a Dallas player (can’t remember which one):

Dallas player: You’re a dumb f***.

Serg: I know. I am. And you don’t like it! And you don’t like it! WOO!

That guy is nuts in the best possible way. He’s got to be smart about it but he’s got a nasty edge to him at times that I love to see.
hey can u give me a link where i can find this micdup please?

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
This is a classic. And what's up with Sergachev's accent? Didn't know he was from Manitoba.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Serge is next great defender in league after Hedman. He will win Norris before he is done. Only real issue now is can team match da 6-7M per mid term deal or will they take da picks back???? To me I would sign him. Hedman, Vasi, Point and Serge are da main core. Kuch next for points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad