Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev - Part 2

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Serge is the last to go.

Johnson, Killorn, Gourde, Palat, Cirelli and Cernak all go before him.
Agree with this. Also Sergachev prefers to play on the right, andI expect him to be Hedman's partner next year, even if he has to give up PP2 time, as you want him out with Hedman after the PP.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Agree with this. Also Sergachev prefers to play on the right, andI expect him to be Hedman's partner next year, even if he has to give up PP2 time, as you want him out with Hedman after the PP.
I think we should start using him on the right side as well beside Hedman. It would be great if he could learn to play on that side too

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Main board:

vultures-2.jpg

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Not sure if anyone’s watched the Mic’d Up/Wired for Sound videos on YouTube but they caught this classic exchange between Serg and a Dallas player (can’t remember which one):

Dallas player: You’re a dumb f***.

Serg: I know. I am. And you don’t like it! And you don’t like it! WOO!

That guy is nuts in the best possible way. He’s got to be smart about it but he’s got a nasty edge to him at times that I love to see.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Not sure if anyone’s watched the Mic’d Up/Wired for Sound videos on YouTube but they caught this classic exchange between Serg and a Dallas player (can’t remember which one):

Dallas player: You’re a dumb f***.

Serg: I know. I am. And you don’t like it! And you don’t like it! WOO!

That guy is nuts in the best possible way. He’s got to be smart about it but he’s got a nasty edge to him at times that I love to see.
Nothing with with a crazy and nasty side to your game.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Serg has definently developed a bit of a mean streak in him and isn't afraid to chippy.

Hell thos kids dropped the gloves a few times and held his own just fine.

You love it to see it. In a few years this guys gonna be a monster

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Sergachev told to Russian sport tv that he want to play in Tampa til he be 40 years.
He was asked ,will he take less money,for chance to play in Tampa,he ansvered,that its up to his agent and he hopes that he will resign with Tampa. Sorry for bad translation :)

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Sergachev told to Russian sport tv that he will play in Tampa til he be 40 years.
He was asked ,will he take less money,for chance to play in Tampa,he ansvered,that its up to his agent and he hopes that he will resign with Tampa. Sorry for bad translation :)
Thanks for the good news!

Reactions: NatoGhost

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Translation of the big points via DeepL:
Tampa Bay's defender Mikhail Sergachev said he was ready to spend his entire career in the club. Last season he together with the team won the Stanley Cup. The Russian also praised his compatriot and teammate Nikita Kucherov.

"There has been a lot of hit in the direction of Nikita in the last few years, - said Sergachev on the air of "Match TV". - It was expected that a man would take the Cup and show the whole world how he wanted to win. He's doing a great job.

My priority is to play in "Tampa" until I'm finished with hockey, until I'm 40 years old. I'm ready to play for the team till the end of my career. Are you ready to play for money? This is already agency business. I can't say anything yet. I hope that we will sign.
Pretty much what @Peacedlo said already.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Hell yeah! Guy has loyalty. He knows Tampa thinks very highly of him and considers him the future. We can take it slow with the luxury of Hedman, but glad he wants to be here and is willing to take a team friendly deal.

It helps his bros Kuch and Vasy are locked up for 7-8 years.

I really think hed decline any offersheet he got. Unless it's something super ridiculous in which case I'd take all the picks

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We have a cool little Russian mafia on the team. It seems like they're very loyal to each other. I think we'll give Serg a good contract, but one that will give Leaf fans aneurysms. Who's the last Leaf that made such a loyal statement? David Clarkson?

Reactions: Loki Dekker

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Did he mention anything about the taxes? :sarcasm:

Really though, other than money, is there a reason to leave? As Espo said, the weather's great. The location's great. The team is full of great people and great players, and is consistently one of the strongest in the league. The players love Jeff Vinik. Pat Maroon was on spittin chicklets, and was talking up Coop. The building is full every night, and the fans and media don't kill you like they do in other markets. As far as I can see, Sergachev's living the dream.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sounds like he's not gonna give us any problems. Serg was the guy I was most worried about. If he and JBB can work on a quick 2 year deal ala Laine, he can cash in very shortly when we've cleared out a few more guys -most notably Killorn, Johnson and Palat. God knows he'll have earned it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad