Confirmed with Link: Mikhail Grigorenko signs with CBJ (1 year, 1.2M)

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
1) Jarmo goofed. Those predisposed to point to perceived past gaffes will see this as more of the same.

2) Jarmo pushed the boundaries of the CBA to see if it was doable. Those predisposed to see Jarmo as a cold killer GM will see this as more of the same.
Should I now worry about him not wanting to sign here in July?

Kidding, I think.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Could use his year here as a Gagner like boost to his career, maybe he just needed some KHL time like Nuke in Colorado. It's weird getting a former Avs player, it's usually the other way around.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
EWGGNfrVcAIK7NP

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I still hope he could be a usable center, he’s got the size for it, his face offs are probably atrocious though now
his faceoff were already pretty bad so I don't think anyone can expect that much.

I'd try to give him Anderson spot if he still want to leave the team. as a starter. if andy is still there I guess they gonna have to try lw or center

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Meh, oh well. Wouldn't be surprised if Grig gets another offer and jumps at it or stays home in the KHL. I know he rejected more money because he wanted to return, but now that team has yet another opportunity to blow him away with even more cash.

I'd say 50/50 on him actually signing here.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Meh, oh well. Wouldn't be surprised if Grig gets another offer and jumps at it or stays home in the KHL. I know he rejected more money because he wanted to return, but now that team has yet another opportunity to blow him away with even more cash.

I'd say 50/50 on him actually signing here.
I'm going to go with 98/2 that he'll be signed July 1.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm going to go with 98/2 that he'll be signed July 1.

If he does, great. His comments seem to imply he will. But if not, oh well.

Since it has been said that the contract is already signed and just needs to be filed, all CBJ has to do is file it at 12:00AM before anyone else files a contract if it came down to that. I don't think we are in Cavs/Carlos Boozer territory here.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Kind of embarrassing they had to go "oops, not yet." That it was typed up in a press release meant it went through all the channels of review - I'm assuming they even ran it by the league probably? I wonder with everyone working from home, if this just got missed. You could be cynical/or an optimist and see this as Jarmo trying to get him on the roster for any post-7/1 games the team plays lol.

Anyway, not all that excited with the signing. Jarmo loves him a Euro "reclamation" type project. He's brought a lot of guys over - Hannikainen, Kukan, Lilja, Melart, etc. Most don't pan out. This isn't a Panarin-type of signing from the KHL, Grigorenko already has NHL history and it's spotty at best.

That said, shouldn't be too hard for him to beat out Wennberg for a spot.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
For those who know more about him than I do:

What is his greatest strengths and weaknesses on the ice?

Great vision and playmaking skills. I thought he was decent two way guy.

Not fast/quick aand didn't use his size at all. Soft.

There clearly was potential there and maybe he has become faster/learned to be more aggressive in KHL. I hope he does well for you guys, always liked him.

Sincerely, Avs fan.

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Embarrassing. Fire Jarmo.

Are you being sarcastic? Do you really want him fired?

If you really want him fired, I would be interested to know if you view this as a "fire-able offense" as a stand alone matter, or do you view this as a "last straw" type of thing. Really curious to know what's behind your post.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
1) Jarmo goofed. Those predisposed to point to perceived past gaffes will see this as more of the same.

2) Jarmo pushed the boundaries of the CBA to see if it was doable. Those predisposed to see Jarmo as a cold killer GM will see this as more of the same.

What about those who see him as a cold killer goof?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
This is another example of Jarmo trying to prove himself as this super Euro scout who can find bargains in Europe without paying established NHL players the going rate. It is this attitude, I am convinced, that will prevent the Jackets from being legit Cup contenders in the foreseeable future. It is all about Jarmo proving to the world how great he is, not about providing the fans with a Cup contender.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
This is another example of Jarmo trying to prove himself as this super Euro scout who can find bargains in Europe without paying established NHL players the going rate. It is this attitude, I am convinced, that will prevent the Jackets from being legit Cup contenders in the foreseeable future. It is all about Jarmo proving to the world how great he is, not about providing the fans with a Cup contender.

Nathan Horton
Gustav Nyquist
Offered Artemi Panarin what would have been the richest NHL deal ever if I'm not mistaken

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Pass whatever you're drinking this way please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->