Confirmed with Link: Mikhail Grigorenko signs with CBJ (1 year, 1.2M)

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Wonder if Wennberg goes to wing full time now? Or if he is moved in a deal.

Wennberg was both scratched and moved to the wing during the '19-'20 season. Safe to say, imo, his days at center in Columbus are behind him. But not sure if he gets traded, bought out, or simply moved to LW with a role on the PK here.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Yay we have something to talk about!

How will he do with Torts?
Was he defensively responsible in the KHL?
Has his skating improved?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I actually really like this move. Was a fan of his at the 2012 draft,and I think he could have a nice career still. Hopefully he's ready to work.

Now, that’s not good, we need him to play center

Not necessarily. We need LWers too. Not as desperate as C, but outside of Nyquist we don't have another top six LWer.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Not necessarily. We need LWers too. Not as desperate as C, but outside of Nyquist we don't have another top six LWer.

he mostly play RW now so I think you will both be unhappy. hopefully they can manage to form good line anyway lots of them are young they can learn to settle in other spot on lines. nyquist also started c then rw and now mostly lw lol

anyway 1.2m 1y is nothing to worry about.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Great deal. He has played in CSKA what means he knows what is team defence.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
he mostly play RW now so I think you will both be unhappy. hopefully they can manage to form good line anyway lots of them are young they can learn to settle in other spot on lines. nyquist also started c then rw and now mostly lw lol

anyway 1.2m 1y is nothing to worry about.

LW RW whatever, we need another productive top six forward. I believe he'll play LW for us, unless he's our Anderson replacement.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Playing RW allows him to utilize his shot better, but probably LW would be fine too. Also maybe someone from the current RWs could be moved to LW freeing a roster spot on the right.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
A couple Old Guy questions;
1. If he was a free agent and could sign with any team, what made him choose the Blue Jackets? That answer would fascinate me.
2. I often wondered about the relationship between the CBJ and Dan Milstein after Artemi Panerin gave him the boot before signing a mega contract. Does this mean I just concocted some wild story in my mind, or has enough water gone under the bridge, or does the Old Guy just not understand the Jerry McGuire game.
3. Is this a 20-21 contract only? If all current player contracts expire on 6-30-20, and the current season carries past that date, could he play in some concluding games for the CBJ?

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
1. If he was a free agent and could sign with any team, what made him choose the Blue Jackets? That answer would fascinate me.
2. I often wondered about the relationship between the CBJ and Dan Milstein after Artemi Panerin gave him the boot before signing a mega contract. Does this mean I just concocted some wild story in my mind, or has enough water gone under the bridge, or does the Old Guy just not understand the Jerry McGuire game.
3. Is this a 20-21 contract only? If all current player contracts expire on 6-30-20, and the current season carries past that date, could he play in some concluding games for the CBJ?
For 1, apparently he talked to Gavrikov and Tyutin before signing with Columbus.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I still hope he could be a usable center, he’s got the size for it, his face offs are probably atrocious though now

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I still hope he could be a usable center, he’s got the size for it, his face offs are probably atrocious though now
Jarmo said he'll get a look at all 3 positions. Him playing center was intriguing for them. I wonder how many games Torts would give him a chance at center.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

1. because I think we offer a unique opportunity for him to try center again if he wants, play a lot if he succeeds, and if not he can always stick at the wing. We also have a lot of opportunities on special teams.

2. I actually think Milstein wanted panarin to stay. Why else would he get fired as his agent prior to UFA? They clearly didn’t see eye to eye somewhere. Either way, the Jackets would be foolish to avoid a player based off their agent. If the Jackets can point at Kurt Overhardt and call him an extortionist and an ego maniac one minute for the Johansen deal and yet sign Dubinsky (also a KO client) to an extension a few days later then anything can work.
3. Contract is for 20-21. If this season resumes he won’t be eligible to play.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Jarmo said he'll get a look at all 3 positions. Him playing center was intriguing for them. I wonder how many games Torts would give him a chance at center.

Repeating of course.

If he can score and contribute offensively great but I'm not expecting him to be a savior at center. Nobody else should either. He didn't take many faceoffs in the KHL. He looks like he is more of a shooter. He was 8th in faceoff attempts on the team and 2nd in shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->