Mike Yeo for 4 years....

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Official, he will be the HC starting next season.

Well that blows. I was never a fan of him. Hes a lit like Hitch. Defensive style, trusts vets over young players...

Status Quo.... Lets hope not. I really wanted a completely different system for this team. They could be so much better on O.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
I'm sure Yeo wouldn't sign without some sort of guarantee past this year and we were definitely in the second-tier of candidates so I can understand wanting to lock in somebody with experience as a head coach, but I don't like throwing 4 years at him without seeing how he does with the team. I don't think he was at fault in Minnesota, but I'm not necessarily thrilled with that being his last gig before getting a multi-year deal from us guaranteeing the head coaching position for the bulk of the contract.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
people whined about hitch so they go out and find someone else and they whine about that. cant make this stuff up.

i dont like the move because you dont know what will be on the market come next offseason but its not like its the end of the world. he got a awful/mediocre minnesota team to the second round twice while we choked in the first round, once to them

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Armstrong must have felt boxed into a corner because Yeo is simply not a premier coach in this league who is being treated as such. The market was thin for good coaching candidates, the uncertainty had already driven out the assistants and it made more sense to see the year play out. Instead he acquiesced to Yeo's initial demands. I'm annoyed.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
So much for "we need to play faster." Go home Armstrong, you're drunk. Why on earth would you attach yourself to a mediocre coach like this without seeing where we are next year in the coaching market?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
From what I saw, he coaches a similar system but faster paced....so whatever. I have no business even remotely trying to "pick" a coach. Least this gives the team stability

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
people whined about hitch so they go out and find someone else and they whine about that. cant make this stuff up.

i dont like the move because you dont know what will be on the market come next offseason but its not like its the end of the world. he got a awful/mediocre minnesota team to the second round twice while we choked in the first round, once to them

Pretty sure the people who don't like Hitch (like me) didn't just want ANYONE. Especially knowing that this would for sure, 100% be his last season... jumping in on getting Yeo so fast is a pretty bad idea.

For instance for some of the reasons you said, who knows who could be available at the end of the season?

I seriously wonder why Yeo gets to get a sweet deal like this but Muller or Shaw were 1-year or nothing.

And people think I am crazy for Armstrong using tactics to push certain people out but making it look like they chose to leave the Blues.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
There is a lot worse choices out there. Yes wasn't on the top of my list but he does know how to add speed to a defensive system and I think he will make our D Corps even better. Rick Wilson I am not a fan of, Hitch's close friend and associate coach with the Stars. When is this in with the old mentality going to end.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Don't particularly mind the hiring. Yeo's only head coaching stint has been with an extremely average Wild team and he managed to get pretty good results from them. The Blues have a much more potent and youthful offense, I would hope Yeo will adapt his style to fit the Blues' scheme. We'll see how it all transpires.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
There is a lot worse choices out there. Yes wasn't on the top of my list but he does know how to add speed to a defensive system and I think he will make our D Corps even better. Rick Wilson I am not a fan of, Hitch's close friend and associate coach with the Stars. When is this in with the old mentality going to end.

When Armstrong finally leaves.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
Pretty sure the people who don't like Hitch (like me) didn't just want ANYONE. Especially knowing that this would for sure, 100% be his last season... jumping in on getting Yeo so fast is a pretty bad idea.

For instance for some of the reasons you said, who knows who could be available at the end of the season?

I seriously wonder why Yeo gets to get a sweet deal like this but Muller or Shaw were 1-year or nothing.

And people think I am crazy for Armstrong using tactics to push certain people out but making it look like they chose to leave the Blues.

I don't think Armstrong was trying to strong arm Muller and Shaw. I think he wanted to see who would be available at the end of next season (and therefore not commit to handing the head coaching job to either guy) which backfired when they wouldn't re-up for a single season.

Armstrong backed himself into a corner in that the only way he could attract a quality assistant coach to the team was by guaranteeing the job past next season. I don't think this was his plan, I just don't think it was handled particularly well.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Armstrong must have felt boxed into a corner because Yeo is simply not a premier coach in this league who is being treated as such. The market was thin for good coaching candidates, the uncertainty had already driven out the assistants and it made more sense to see the year play out. Instead he acquiesced to Yeo's initial demands. I'm annoyed.
Who exactly is a premier coach? Look who was in the SCFs this year. All the top coaches were bounced in the first 2 rounds.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
Calgary and Anaheim still haven't filled their head coaching positions, have they? Who the $?%! is left for them that has any significant track record?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

The good ol' boys club is alive and well.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Armstrong needs to go. This is getting ridiculous.

Our only hope is the Yeo makes a giant overhaul to his coaching strategy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->