NFL: Mike Vrabel is the new Titans head coach

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Huh.

The funny thing here is everyone is blasting the Titans for refusing to consider anyone without a stint working with Belichick (as a coach) for the gig. Myself, and several others were surprised to learn Vrabel actually never worked for the Pats. Spent a couple years with Ohio State and then the DC job in Houston.

I feel like they would have better off going with a more offensive minded guy, but i suppose this isn't...terrible?

Could be better, could be worse.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I have no idea what type of coach Vrabel will be so who knows how it goes. I was hoping they'd go with an offensive guy because sometimes defensive coaches are too conservative. Hopefully they find the right OC now to get the best out of Mariota.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It'll all rest on his OC hire. This guy has been fast tracked like crazy. Kind of weird tbh. I wasn't impressed with the Texans defense.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He and Jon Robinson spent 6 years together w/ the Pats and obviously he's worked under O'Brien recently. So i can see why Robinson wanted him.

In 7 years he's gone from playing for the Chiefs, to the Buckeyes LB & defensive line coach, to the Texans LB coach, to their DC and now the Titans HC. That's quite the Lane Kiffin jump.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
This seems like a dumb hire. Guy coaches for his job. Wins. (KC choked) but still. And they hire a guy that’s questionable and probably worse

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Don't know if he's worse. Its just weird how Vrabel has ascended as quickly as he has with no real track record as a coach.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Knew he was in on the Colts job as well. Will be interesting to see how he does with the Titans job. Congrats to him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Don't know if he's worse. Its just weird how Vrabel has ascended as quickly as he has with no real track record as a coach.

Patriot Way!

Seriously though a lot of it is simply because he played for BB and is viewed as a "Winner"

If Vrabel spent his entire career with Jacksonville he would still be working his way up ladder

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

It’s hard to be worse when he hasn’t been one yet. But his year as dc is unimpressive. Good thing is though is he hasn’t been one yet. Could be the goat

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Pees retired this year from coaching, guess Vrabel convinced him to come back.

Not surprised LaFleur left LA, not much you can do with a whiz like McVay running the show.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
HC - Mike Vrabel (Texans DC)

OC - Matt LaFleur (Rams OC)
OA - Vacant
QB - Pat O’Hara (Texans OA)
RB - Vacant
WR - Rob Moore (Raiders WR)
TE - Vacant
OL - Vacant
OLA - Vacant

DC - Dean Pees (Ravens DC)
DA - Matt Pees (HS HC)
ILB - Tyrone McKenzie (Rams STA)
OLB - Shane Bowen (Texans DA)
DB - Kerry Coombs (Ohio State Assisstant)
DBA - Vacant

STC - Vacant
STA - Vacant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad