Confirmed with Link: Mike van Ryn named Roadrunners head coach

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coyotes-add-maclean-and-allen-as-assistant-coaches/c-290508760

Figured this needed it's own thread so it's not buried in the MacLean and Allen news.

Van Ryn takes over as HC in Tucson

His assistants will be John Slaney and Steve Potvin. Slaney was the Coyotes "eye in the sky" assistant coach last year and Potvin was a skills dev coach.

Both Mark Lamb and Mark Hardy are out in Tucson.

So we need a new development coach. That role was previously held by van Ryn, and Sullivan before that.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hardy and Lamb were both Friends of Tippett (FOT), so add their names to ThePurge™. Don't know if the Tucson GM was as well, but they canned him a few weeks back as well.

Fresh start in Tucson as well as in Glendale.

I wonder if Scottsdale's own Mike Modano would be interested in replacing Van Ryn as our development coach.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hardy and Lamb were both Friends of Tippett (FOT), so add their names to ThePurgeâ„¢. Don't know if the Tucson GM was as well, but they canned him a few weeks back as well.

Fresh start in Tucson as well as in Glendale.

I wonder if Scottsdale's own Mike Modano would be interested in replacing Van Ryn as our development coach.

Shane Doan could be the right guy for the job.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Cool. I was worried Lamb may not be into it anymore now with Tipp gone. Although that's like four different head coaches in the last four years for the minor league club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad