Mike Smith's Goal with 0.1 left in the game

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I wonder if Smith were to make Team Canada and take them far, how the current hate for him currently would materialize.

I hope he plays well enough to deserve to go, but not get picked. Two reasons:

1. A snubbed Mike Smith is a pissed off Mike Smith. We know how well he plays with that mentality.

2. We don't need him going over there and getting injured (I think the Senators would've won the Cup in '06 if not for Hasek's Olympic injury). A few of our guys are shoo-ins for the Olympics (OEL, Yandle, etc), but I'd rather as few as possible go. This is valuable resting and healing time.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
For me this ranks right up there with Doan's buzzer beating hat trick and Tikhonov's delayed penalty goal, and I was there for all of them. :yo:

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I am SO happy for this moment. I've seen it coming for years... He nearly did it before.. Now he does it. Awesome. Right in traffic perfect down the middle.

Congrats PHX and Mike Smith what an awesome goal/moment. :yo:

Wish I saw it live :cry:

A buzzer beater too! I love your team PHX. Horrible seeing you lose like that in the SO vs. the Quacks... Vrbata. Ribeiro and OEL shining. No hate here. (I'd never bet against PHX in the shootout)
Nice post.
I always bet against Phoenix in the shootout :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad