Mike Smith's Goal with 0.1 left in the game

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
<--- New username..... Doan's hat trick was with 0.1 seconds on the clock too. 0.1 seconds is pretty important in (recent) Coyotes history.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
He has wanted that goal for so long, and it couldn't have happened at a better time.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
opo21z.jpg

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Such an awesome game and goal. Couldn't be happier.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
A trip down memory lane, starring Mike Smith

Made this post for the main board. Let us bask in the trollishness that is Mike Smith

Is there a Mike Smith thread or video compilation that I could read/watch and catch up on this hate?

A sampling for your pleasure:

He slashes

He can sell calls/draw penalties/make players do stupid things

He attacks players that fall on him/charge him

Does funny things

He is of the Roy/Hextall mold, and people hate that. Goalies should be docile creatures, not intense and competitive. He is almost always good when it counts, which makes rival fans salty about him.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
From Twitter:

Paul Bissonnette ✔ @BizNasty2point0

Save your energy guys, I got this one. Hey @BizNasty2point0, your goalie has more goals than you. #YouSuck #Plug

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Cannot think of a better way to celebrate Detroit's move to the Eastern Conference.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
some weren't even on the concourse - they left early enough that they were probably halfway to the parking lot! Too bad, they missed a good finish.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The more hate I see towards Mike Smith for playing well, the more forward I look to matchups against rival teams and the Sacramento WheatKings are coming up very very soon.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
I wonder if Smith were to make Team Canada and take them far, how the current hate for him currently would materialize.
What you'd see is what Webster's defines as "rationalization," because Mike Smith would never dive wearing the maple leaf, or lumberjack someone's leg while wearing le blanc et rouge ... unless of course if it was a Russian ... and Bobby Clarke told him to ...

Plowevelski

wuts this SCF thing?
Nov 19, 2010
BASED PETE DaBoAR
I am SO happy for this moment. I've seen it coming for years... He nearly did it before.. Now he does it. Awesome. Right in traffic perfect down the middle.

Congrats PHX and Mike Smith what an awesome goal/moment. :yo:

Wish I saw it live :cry:

A buzzer beater too! I love your team PHX. Horrible seeing you lose like that in the SO vs. the Quacks... Vrbata. Ribeiro and OEL shining. No hate here. (I'd never bet against PHX in the shootout)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->