Injury Report: Mike Smith

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Hopefully this isn't too serious. Then again, we don't deserve a playoff spot, so he may as well have the rest of the season off. :laugh:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I have faith that Greiss can carry the load, but this will be a defining moment for this team this season. Can this team finally sack up and play gritty Coyote hockey collectively for a full 60 minutes? Or will they come out uninspired tomorrow against the Penguins.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
If Mike Smith is done for the season and we don't make the playoffs, I hope management doesn't get a free pass of not getting in as a result of his injury.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If Mike Smith is done for the season and we don't make the playoffs, I hope management doesn't get a free pass of not getting in as a result of his injury.

Management and coaching isn't going anywhere. Not for a few years. It's the players that will have to change, and that's a good thing.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz · 46m
Don't know anything definitive on #Coyotes G Mike Smith at this point. Did see him walking without help, but with a limp in his right leg.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Per John Shannon on twitter:

"@JSportsnet: Mike Smith did travel with the Coyotes to Pittsburgh...will be re-evaluated there. Told it "does not look good"."

Howl :(

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Greiss was scheduled to start vs. PIT even without the Smith injury.

I think we should wait for an official word rather than speculating the severity of Smith's injury.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Lots of Smith hate on the main boards. Mostly Kings fans.

I believe in you Greiss...

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Greiss can do it. Some bad games this year, but overall very solid.

2.38 GAA .924 SV% 2 SO

sark76

Oct 9, 2011
Pripyat Marshes
Such a tough position to be in...you need every last win just to stay in the playoff hunt...but you still need to find games to get your back-up in or he's gonna rust.

The Devils struggled with this for the past 10 years or so...When you have a goalie that wants to play every night...that's great and all, I'm sure Smith is the same way since he's such a competitor. But at some point the coach has to pick some games and tell the starting goalie he needs to sit for the good of the team.

That being said...Greiss wasn't at fault for any of those goals last night...Good luck to you guys in the hunt.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
That sounds bad, are you sure it is an MCL and not an ACL? Mcl`s tend to heal over time they are not completely torn. ACL`s not so! Goods luck

Might be.

I didn't have insurance at the time of the injury so I never saw a doctor. I just assumed it was an MCL because of the location of the pain in my knee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad